DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: why the difference??

  1. Droid
    miamidroid's Avatar
    Member #
    21015
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    why the difference??

    on one of my fones I have been running bb 7.5 with update.zip at 1g with no issues but I cant flash any other OC kernel or else it goes into boot loop. I tried 1.1, 950, and 1.3 with no luck. I then transfered my sd card to my other droid and did the update zip and 1.3ghz kernel and its working perfect.. Could I have messed something up? The only difference I can see, is that on the one that Im having trouble with was flashed with a few different roms 2.1 and 2.01 when wifi tether was first introduced. The one that runs perfect has only ran on 2.01 and never flashed the tether kernel..

    Why the difference? I have wiped and wiped and nothing seems to work except 1ghz. Anyone experienced something similiar?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #2
    My Droid has never been able to run the 1.3GHz kernel....not even 5 seconds and it reboots

  4. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #3
    All electronics are not made the same. Yes, they are all made on the same or similar assembly line but that doesn't mean just because someone else can run 1.3 that you can too.

    For example, my E8400 dual core CPU on my desktop runs at 3GHz. I have mine O/Cd to 4.26. Some people can't get that high, and some people can get higher on overclock.net with similar hardware. Some people have higher temps and some lower. And a lot of us even at the same speed have to use different voltage settings to get it to work.
  5. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #4
    Think we started threads about the same time. LOL
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...tml#post222587
  6. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #5
    Yeah I agree...cause people have SO many issues and problems on here from of basically the same stuff that I've done to my Droid...and I have had few problems ever...but you still get people doing the EXACT same things with different results...

  7. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #6
    To answer a question that I didn't before, my phone has run 800, 950, and 1GHz all flawlessly with BB.
  8. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    To answer a question that I didn't before, my phone has run 800, 950, and 1GHz all flawlessly with BB.
    You had issues with Sholes ROM didn't you?
  9. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #8
    Not related to overclocking though because I kept my phone at 550MHz when I first installed it and was still having issues. Not sure what the issue was (probably some combination of previously having BB and some software combination that just wasn't jiving), but it wasn't worth it to find out. In the midst of me trying to figure it out, Pete released 0.7.5 BB.
  10. Droid
    miamidroid's Avatar
    Member #
    21015
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Not related to overclocking though because I kept my phone at 550MHz when I first installed it and was still having issues. Not sure what the issue was (probably some combination of previously having BB and some software combination that just wasn't jiving), but it wasn't worth it to find out. In the midst of me trying to figure it out, Pete released 0.7.5 BB.
    hey man what guns are those? I have an xd45.. The one the left kinda looks like an h&k but its so small its hard to tell.
  11. Droid Ninja
    52brandon's Avatar
    Member #
    28679
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,021
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by miamidroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Not related to overclocking though because I kept my phone at 550MHz when I first installed it and was still having issues. Not sure what the issue was (probably some combination of previously having BB and some software combination that just wasn't jiving), but it wasn't worth it to find out. In the midst of me trying to figure it out, Pete released 0.7.5 BB.
    hey man what guns are those? I have an xd45.. The one the left kinda looks like an h&k but its so small its hard to tell.
    they look like HK45 & HK45c but its a small pic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What is the difference between a widget and a app?
    By Dream in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 12:36 PM
  2. Whats the difference?
    By blitzburgh39 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 02:17 PM
  3. Motorola OEM chargers? What's the difference?
    By Pele in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 10:47 PM
  4. Difference between widget and app?
    By Blayzejlm in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
  5. Difference in GPSs, and is there an App for that?
    By DJTURNz in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Find us on Google+