DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB and pinch-zoom "jumps" around

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355

Thumbs down BB and pinch-zoom "jumps" around

I was wondering if anybody is having this issue with the pinch-zoom in the browser of bugless beast (i have 7.4 right now). it is very irritating and makes browsing the web a headache!!

usually while on forums, ill zoom in a lot to be able to click a certain link or go to the next page. if i zoom in a lot, then slide my finger around, the screen will "reset" and jump to a completely different part of the page. i usually have to zoom out to see where the hell this damn thing took me. even when zooming in, i find that if i dont wait about a second or two, the screen will "jerk" a little, causing me to click a different item than i intended.

anybody else experiencing this. it is really pissing me off!!! and not to mention the characters on the screen get all fuzzy while scrolling, then come in focus when you stop scrolling.

i just wish this scrolling/zooming/touch response was as good as the iphone. will we ever see that day???

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have also noticed it too. This is nothing close to the iphone quality, and i hope it gets there one day. for example... if i am on a forum and i am at the bottom where u can click on a page number.. if i pinch zoom there it shoots me to other places on the screen. instead of zooming in on the 7... it zooms in on something else. does not feel smooth at all n is glitchy. hope it imprives. also latters take too long to come into focus
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    ok good as long as im not the only that notices it. after having this phone for almost two months, i can confirm that the iphone is leaps and bounds ahead of the droid in terms of touch responsiveness/pinch zoom/scrolling/etc. its like comparing atari to a ps3
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    I am running BB 7.5 and mine doesn't do this?? I have used all of the BB ROMs since the first one Pete released...and none of them have had this issue with browsing...

Thats why I've always loved the Milestone browser with multi-touch, added with 1GHz and on my Droid and browsing literally, as smooth as butter!!!

This actually shocks me to see people having this problem??

6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Works smooth with me on Sholes 2.0.2 and xScope....

Bug in the Rom?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
    ok good as long as im not the only that notices it. after having this phone for almost two months, i can confirm that the iphone is leaps and bounds ahead of the droid in terms of touch responsiveness/pinch zoom/scrolling/etc. its like comparing atari to a ps3
    And I'm not just sayig this to disagree with you....I promise..

But ever since overclocking and the Milestone browser has been available for the Droid, I have told everyone that this is ALMOST comparable to the browsing of the iPhone!! Not quite the same, but VERY close on my Droid...

I don't understand why your guys' browsers are doing this!!

This seriously disappoints me!! Because I know people are not experiencing the quality I am experiencing!! And they should be!!!
    Last edited by natediddy1120; 02-10-2010 at 05:49 PM.

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    And I'm not just sayig this to disagree with you....I promise..

But ever since overclocking and the Milestone browser has been available for the Droid, I have told everyone that this is ALMOST comparable to the browsing of the iPhone!! Not quite the same, but VERY close on my Droid...

I don't understand why your guys' browsers are doing this!!

This seriously disappoints me!! Because I know people are not experiencing the quality I am experiencing!! And they should be!!!
    yeah its strange. i even did a factory wipe and reinstalled 7.4 and same issue. ill be going to 7.5 soon. i really dont know what it is. i could probably take a video of it. happens everytime
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Turn off auto fit pages.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Quote Originally Posted by d1pham View Post
    Turn off auto fit pages.
    AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!!!!!! lol thanks man. that completely took care of this issue. if anybody is have the screen jump around, turn this option OFF! i now love my browser again
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by d1pham View Post
    Turn off auto fit pages.
    AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!!!!!! lol thanks man. that completely took care of this issue. if anybody is have the screen jump around, turn this option OFF! i now love my browser again
    NP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links