DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How-To:Totally Integrate Google Voice

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The only thing keeping me from using google voice for texting is that it doesn't support MMS. That would make it complete I think.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You can also set google voice to foward to your gmail account that your droid is setup with. This will give you instant text messages, since gmail is pushed to your phone and it's all integrated

I've blocked verizon texts on my phone, and just use GV. I had had it so I get a SMS notification, and a GMail notification when getting texts. And the GMail notifications always came before the SMS. Right now, I just disable SMS notifications, so I don't get duplicates now - just get a new GMail notification when someone texts me.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The last time I tried voicemail forwarding from my regular # it took too many rings to get there. Whatever the normal # of rings is + 3 or 4 more (at least) once they're forwarded to google voice.

Who wants to wait 10+ rings to leave a voicemail? Or did they change this?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Is it possible to have SMS come from the original Veizon number and the Google voice number too? I can get SMS from te Google number, but when sent to the old Verizon number, nothing comes through.

Update: If you leave the messenger notifications on, you get both. I still do not know if both can be sent through Google Voice.
    Last edited by GoGators; 11-15-2009 at 02:07 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Anyone had trouble getting the voicemail button to work with your google voice voicemail? Anytime I set my google voice number as default voicemail in settings it no longer recognizes me as the owner of the voice mail service. I can hit the button or dial it normally and it will ask me to leave a message.

As soon as I return the voicemail setting to its default *86 I can dial my google voicemail number and it will recognize me as the owner and tell me if I've gotten any new voicemails. The button on the dialer goes to my verizon voicemail however.

Has anyone ran into this problem and how did you fix it? Does anyone even have their dialer button working with google voice voicemail?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mekishiko View Post
    17) LAST STEP! make sure all of your numbers are in 10-digit format EG: 6195551234 if your numbers are in any other format EG: +16195551234 or 5551234 then your Google voice Number will not show up on their Caller ID INSTEAD your actual carrier # will show up and confuse people if you're trying to use GV as your primary contact number.
    Question about this. Are you talking about the number as viewed on the GV web site, or on the Droid? On the web site, my number shows in the 10-digit format, but on my Droid, it shows as +1xxxxxxxxxx. Do I need to remove +1 on the Droid? Whenever I try to add a new phone via the GV settings on the Droid, I get a "Failed to save the new phone. Please try again later" error.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I so tempted to quote myself here, that I have done so here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links