DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No recovery menu

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Well, I installed ROM Manager and then tried to install ClockworkMod Recovery, but it won't install. I keep getting errors when Superuser process crashes. If I don't get that error, I get an error that there was a problem asking for privileges. It's probably because I used Z4 to one-click root the phone. Is there some way to force a reinstall of Superuser? I've searched, but all I've seen are some complicated processes. I'm trying to get back to a stock 2.2 so that the OTA update will install, but I can't ever get to any recovery module to install the 2.2 update.zip. I get the exclaimation point, but pressing camera and up does not do anything. Ah, what a mess. Maybe taking the phone back to Verizon (after turning off root and deleting as many of the ROM apps I have), they could zap it back to the default state? It's a Doid 1 by the way. Thanks.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    First off, please dont dig up threads that are 10 months old.

If youre getting the triangle and exclamation point you arent rooted, hence the reason why you cant install a recovery via rom manager. If you want to get back to a vanilla froyo build just look for the Froyo SBF file and flash it, it will completely remove everything and return the phone to stock.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Not sure how my reply wound up in this thread. I was having a conversation in another thread and next thing I know my reply was in this one. I'm glad you found it even though it's ten months old.

With respect to being rooted, I used Z4 (or whatever it's called) to root the phone again. ROM Manager still wouldn't install ClockworkMod(?). I kept getting crashes from Superuser and other errors. It's probably all messed up because I used Z4. I plan to do the stock SBF recovery eventually but I assume it wipes everything out so I don't relish reinstalling all my apps, but I do have MyBackUp so that should help. I only tried to do this so that the 2.2.1 update would install, but not sure that's worth all the hassle.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links