DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with BB 0.7.4

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Issues with BB 0.7.4

Rooted and went to BB 0.7.4, using the update method.

I am experiencing the following problems:

-Using stock messenger program, sometimes when I get a text message it will come in 3 times (duplicates).

-CardioTrainer force quits when I try to start a workout. "The application CardioTrainer (process com.wsl.CardioTrainer) has stopped unexpectedly."
    I Really would like this app working... any ideas how I can fix it? Does anyone else have this issue running BB 0.7.4?

-I get occasional force quits now and then. Weird issues happen like if I start Pandora, sometimes meridian will start playing music randomy.

- This damn IM program always is running in the background when the phone starts, and I usually have to kill it.

Some NEWB questions, sorry I did try searching:
    1) Now could any of these issues be because I used the update method?
    2) If I wipe my phone clean (factory reset), and then restore a nandroid backup before then, will I get my data back, including text messages?
    3) If not, what's the easiest way to backup / reinstall apps, text messages, etc?

Thanks in advance.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Yeah your best bet is to wipe data and install 0.7.4 the nandroid way.....sometimes the update.zip ROMs are better to use if you were already using BB say 0.7.3. Start off with a fresh start and wipe data...you can redownload your apps in the Market in your Downloads section because that is stored in your google accout along with contacts, emails, and calender events, etc. BUT......unfortunately there is no way to restore text messages after you do a data wipe....sorry

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    so what steps should I follow for this? do a factory wipe, restore to my previous nandroid backup, then reinstall 7.4 that way? us that correct?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
    so what steps should I follow for this? do a factory wipe, restore to my previous nandroid backup, then reinstall 7.4 that way? us that correct?
    I'm wondering the same thing
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Can someone on BB 0.7.4 let me know if "CardioTrainer" works for them? Open the program and hit "start workout". See if it doesn't crash.

Also, can someone test "aDyno". I am getting force closes when starting a timed run. Very annoying, and I will go back to stock unless I can fix these two programs.

Thanks
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    It force-closes for me, too - 0.7.4 Bugless Beast

It was working fine before you installed 0.7.4? Does this workout program interface with google maps in any way?
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    It force-closes for me, too - 0.7.4 Bugless Beast

It was working fine before you installed 0.7.4? Does this workout program interface with google maps in any way?
    Thanks for checking. I don't want to lose all my data just to find out that didn't fix the problem.

I believe it does interface with Google Maps... It can show your route. Would that have something to do with it crashing? Can I go back to the old Google Maps then?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mav7 View Post
    I believe it does interface with Google Maps... It can show your route. Would that have something to do with it crashing? Can I go back to the old Google Maps then?
    There was a change to the Maps API recently, and BB 0.7.4 included the hacked version of it from the Nexus.

I would try installing maps from the Market to see if that works any better (since they released the same version anyway, maybe the one in the market works better for android 2.0?)
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I installed 7.4 the first day it came out and I experienced problems immediately. BTW, I use the update.zip method. I simply did a reinstall again using the update.zip method and that solved all my problems.

Yesterday I tried Taz's new kernel at 1.3 and 1.1 and experienced problems with both. I then reinstalled 7.4 and all is well again.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    There was a change to the Maps API recently, and BB 0.7.4 included the hacked version of it from the Nexus.

I would try installing maps from the Market to see if that works any better (since they released the same version anyway, maybe the one in the market works better for android 2.0?)
    Just tried it.. I went to the market and saw an update for Google Maps. Installed update, and CardioTrainer still crashes. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I installed 7.4 the first day it came out and I experienced problems immediately. BTW, I use the update.zip method. I simply did a reinstall again using the update.zip method and that solved all my problems.

Yesterday I tried Taz's new kernel at 1.3 and 1.1 and experienced problems with both. I then reinstalled 7.4 and all is well again.
    When you say reinstall, do you mean do a factory wipe and then re-run the update for 7.4?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links