DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting Back for now

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Converting Back for now

Well just for conversation sake I'm posting this here,I first want to say that this phone and the software on it is the best stuff on the market right now,and I really enjoy the people and this forum a lot.That being said I went with the automatic root and shole apk because of the ease,and the security of a easy backup or undoing.I used it for a week and was inpressed with everything the speed at 800 was nice to have but the fc and reboots was driving me nuts when i go to make a call i want to be able to make a call or make atext and some times that would not happen.So for me I'm going back to stock because other then speed I see no difference on my phone because there are so many things on market now that make it wonderfull.in the future I will try again without any reservation but for now i like steady and smooth. And yes I di pay the 5 bucks and would do it again. Good luck to the devs.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I agree, I returned to stock earlier today. It is much more stable now IMO. The deal breaker was the glitch with the weather maps on the weather bug app, as well as the weather channel app. When I returned to the VZW Tom I had to wipe the handset and download the new version of maps again to fix it. Anyone else experience this?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Did you take any steps to get rid of the bugs you were having?
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kygator1 View Post
    Well just for conversation sake I'm posting this here,I first want to say that this phone and the software on it is the best stuff on the market right now,and I really enjoy the people and this forum a lot.That being said I went with the automatic root and shole apk because of the ease,and the security of a easy backup or undoing.I used it for a week and was inpressed with everything the speed at 800 was nice to have but the fc and reboots was driving me nuts when i go to make a call i want to be able to make a call or make atext and some times that would not happen.So for me I'm going back to stock because other then speed I see no difference on my phone because there are so many things on market now that make it wonderfull.in the future I will try again without any reservation but for now i like steady and smooth. And yes I di pay the 5 bucks and would do it again. Good luck to the devs.
    You do realize that today they released an update specifically for fc, do you not? I just want to point that out to you, good luck whatever you decide to do.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozuna01 View Post
    Did you take any steps to get rid of the bugs you were having?
    Me? No. I am all about making it easy on myself. That's why I opted to try to root this way instead of doing it manually.

I don't care to tether, etc. I was just in it for MT. Xscope will do for now....
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    manually isnt hard at all, i thought it would be but its simple. I haven't had any sort of error or fc or lag on mine yet. Might be worth a shot just to see, otherwise yea best to just go back
  7. kbatrph
    how do you go back to stock? i'm tired of trying to do this hack to bb 7.4 and getting to step 19 and getting a syntax error...gonna just stay with what i have..it's fast enough
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    You do realize that today they released an update specifically for fc, do you not? I just want to point that out to you, good luck whatever you decide to do.
    No i did not know about fc update and thanks for info nad I'm not saying i will not try it again but for right now Ill just stay with stock and market goodies for dress up,And i'm not saying that i did all i could have to fix things was just hoping it was a little more stabble on my end.That being said if i decide to try it again since i did pay the 5 bucks willi have to pay again atleast in in market you get to keep all purchased products. again thanks for all inputs. P.S If i do want to try it again will i do same steps
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Dont go back to stock, try Bugless Beast. Running 100% flawless for me. I may never flash another rom again.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    No i did not know about fc update and thanks for info nad I'm not saying i will not try it again but for right now Ill just stay with stock and market goodies for dress up,And i'm not saying that i did all i could have to fix things was just hoping it was a little more stabble on my end.That being said if i decide to try it again since i did pay the 5 bucks willi have to pay again atleast in in market you get to keep all purchased products. again thanks for all inputs. P.S If i do want to try it again will i do same steps
    Yes, youll have to do it all over again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links