Would you like to try out a different clock speed on your ROM even if the ROM doesn't include it pre-installed? Well here's how...
<<*NOTE* ====== This Can Break *WiFi*>>
1) First, choose the clock speed you wanna run your CPU at, and download the file:
evilboot8.img = 800MHz
evilboot9.img = 900MHz
evilboot950m.img = 950MHz
evilboot1g.img = 1GHz
2) After it's done downloading, mount your sdcard to the computer and place the file in the root directory of your sdcard
3) Unmount your sdcard and open the command prompt of your PC, but stay connected via USB with "USB debugging" enabled on the Droid...
4) Power off your Droid, and hold the "x" button plus the power button to reboot into SPRecovery, navigate down and select "mount options", then mount System, and then mount SDcard by selecting them
5) Leave the screen just how it is, and type these commands EXACTLY how they are in your command prompt on the PC:
For the 800MHz file:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot8m.img
For the 900MHz file:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot9m.img
For the 950MHz file:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot950m.img
For the 1GHz file:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot1g.img
For the 1.1GHz file:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot1100m.img
6) Once you've typed the commands for your specific file, select SDcard and System again in SPRecovery to unmount them.
7) Now press the power button to go back to the main menu in SPRecovery and select Reboot at the top
And that's it!! If you wanna flash another speed to your Droid, just follow the same exact steps above...you don't have to do anything else...
Here are some exciting new CPU speeds newly released from Taz over at Alldroid.org
These files require to be extracted after you download them.....
TazKern950m.zip == 950MHz
TazKern1000m.zip == 1GHz
TazKern1100m.zip == 1.1GHz
TazKern1300m.zip == 1.3GHz <========(VERY UNSTABLE)
After you download the file you want, extract it. Copy and paste the .img file that came from the extracted file to the root of your sdcard.
Reboot your phone into SPRecovery, navigate down to "mount options".....select to mount System, and then select to mount SDcard. Open the command prompt on your computer...
For the 950MHz File:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/Tazkern950m.img
For the 1GHz File:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/Tazkern1000m.img
For the 1.1GHz File:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/Tazkern1100m.img
For the 1.3GHz File:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/Tazkern1300m.img
Now select Unmount System and select Unmount SDcard. And then select Reboot in SPRecovery.
Note: If one of these CPU speeds does not work for you and is not stable, download this file and place on root of sdcard:
boot19u.img = 600MHz
Enter this into command prompt:
/system/bin/flash_image boot /sdcard/boot19u.img
This should put you back at a very stable common speed...
And I Now Have a Reliable Fix for WiFi if it Breaks......
Download this file:
Extract after its finished downloading...and place the file that came from it, in the root of your sdcard...
Reboot into SPRecovery, Mount System and Mount SDcard, and open the command prompt...
cat /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko.bak
cat /sdcard/tiwlan_drv.ko /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
busybox chmod 0644 /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
Now Unmount System, Unmount SDcard. Reboot.