DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugless Beast is not very Bugless

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355

Unhappy Bugless Beast is not very Bugless

hoping you guys can help me out. i'm currently running 7.4 with setCPU using profiles from what ive seen other people use here. i dont know what it is but my phone is incredibly laggy. seems a lot worse than when it was stock. i get a lot of force closes for the "Home" process, my screen freezes, all my icons go away, and it takes about 5 seconds before everything comes back up.

anybody have this sort of issue? could it be a certain app? has anybody pinpointed apps that dont work well with BB?

thx!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
    hoping you guys can help me out. i'm currently running 7.4 with setCPU using profiles from what ive seen other people use here. i dont know what it is but my phone is incredibly laggy. seems a lot worse than when it was stock. i get a lot of force closes for the "Home" process, my screen freezes, all my icons go away, and it takes about 5 seconds before everything comes back up.

anybody have this sort of issue? could it be a certain app? has anybody pinpointed apps that dont work well with BB?

thx!
    My BB was very laggy when I used the update.zip
    Once I just wiped everything and used a nandroid backup it was super fast.
    I also ran the OC of 950MHZ, but just recently boost it up too 1.1G which is even WAY faster and snappier for me.
    I am perfectly content with my work at the moment.

BUt ya for your question, my issue was updating.zip and not wiping everything.

I went from sholes > Adamz > BB without wiping and it was just laggy and becoming irritating.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    i did the update.zip and all is good here. no force closes here.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Have you tried using setCPU to scale back the overclocking? (I think it's at 950mhz by default.) It seems like some people run smoother at 800mHz.

Other than that, I'n not sure what to suggest. My droid ran way smoother after a nandroid install than update.zip install initially, but I'm not sure if this was due to the install method or my wiping the installed apps and only reinstalling the ones I actually used.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    update method works fine. Have you tried running w/o any profile(s) in SetCPU and clock @ only 800, restart and see how it handles. I turned the profiles on last night and notice a bit more initial lag than previously (mainly on the unlock screen after waking the phone up). Other than that it has been near flawless.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I'm newly rooted, everything went great. Got BB running, but now I'm trying to get setcpu running and its not working, I did autodetect, and clicked allow, but the screen just stays black and ends up force closing.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
    I'm newly rooted, everything went great. Got BB running, but now I'm trying to get setcpu running and its not working, I did autodetect, and clicked allow, but the screen just stays black and ends up force closing.
    reboot the phone and try again
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Yeah whenever you have the Sleep profile set real low (mine was 125/125), whenever you unlock it and wake it up it lags really slow for about 5 seconds...I bumped it up to 250/250 in Sleep profile and it almost went away completely

Other than that though, I ALWAYS thought Bugless Beast was completely "bugless" for me (at least as "bugless" as it could be).....Your problems have to be coming from somewhere else...
    Last edited by natediddy1120; 02-05-2010 at 10:03 PM.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola XT875 (Targa/Bionic)
    Hmm.. My phone likes to randomly go to the Droid eye startup screen.. Happens at startup too..

Phone goes to unlock screen for a sec then goes to the start up animation about twice.. then all is normal..

At first I did the update.zip.. Then i read about the startup loop problem people were having.. They were told to do a fresh install using Nandroid.. So I did, and for a little it was normal... Now its doing the same thing..
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    interesting issues.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links