DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugless Beast is not very Bugless

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    i had alot of issues when i used the update.zip to go from 7.2 to 7.4, everything force closed and froze, im now back to 7.2
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I must be a lucky one. I used the update.zip and haven't had any trouble with laginess(if that's a word). The only issue I've had is that the milestone browser is extremely slow to render pages. The difference between it and dolphin is night and day as far as rendering speed is concerned.

I don't use any text replacement apps though.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've done it both ways and I thought the update.zip result was fast. But the Nandroid update method with a clean wipe first resulted in a much faster and snappier system. It really is a big difference - not sure why. I have no issues with FCs or lagginess at all.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID
    I did the update.zip and my issues are the voice-text 2.1 keyboard doesn't work and if I power down my phone for any reason it boots up twice. full boot then resets and a 2nd full boot. I really wanted the 2.1 keyboard for the voice... I think I'm going back to stock 2.0.1 and finding a good 2.1 rom...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenbjor View Post
    I did the update.zip and my issues are the voice-text 2.1 keyboard doesn't work and if I power down my phone for any reason it boots up twice. full boot then resets and a 2nd full boot. I really wanted the 2.1 keyboard for the voice... I think I'm going back to stock 2.0.1 and finding a good 2.1 rom...
    I tried all of the 2.1 ROMs out there and this runs better than any of them. I have no issues whatsoever and my 2.1 keyboard w/voice input works flawlessly. The key, I believe, is to do a clean wipe/factory reset, clear cache partition and install the Nandroid version. There are various apps out there for backing up your system first which make the restore less painful. I was fully restored with everything back to pre-update settings within 30 mins.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    No one else is having problems with the phone running hotter in BB? I ended up going back to stock because of it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    This one (holds it up)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyijedi View Post
    No one else is having problems with the phone running hotter in BB? I ended up going back to stock because of it.
    The hotest my battery has gotten (after about 1.5 hours of straight calls) was 34C.

I used the update.zip
    No lag that I notice and everything seems to work fine.
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    format system, data, and cache before installing if you are experiencing a buggy BB. it will only take a few minutes to restore your homescreens
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid 1
    Hello everybody!
    I installed BBeast via nandroid. Did sprecovery, nandroid back up and I also backed up my Apps through androzip.
    Question(s) is:

Do I have to reinstall all my apps from the backup folder in astro one at a time and recustomize for example handsent everytime i update? Or is there an easier way.

Also both my keyboards lag BUT not in messaging just when in browser text fields.

Browsing is great but I notice:

it doesn't resize like the stock one(page fitting display), No page scroll indicating bar..and

When I'm swiping across or zooming in a page seems like the words or resolution thins a bit until I stop. Then it refocused. Happens fast and doesn't bother me much just want to know if its normal.

Thanks in advance!
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonsHome View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I installed BBeast via nandroid. Did sprecovery, nandroid back up and I also backed up my Apps through androzip.
    Question(s) is:

Do I have to reinstall all my apps from the backup folder in astro one at a time and recustomize for example handsent everytime i update? Or is there an easier way.

Also both my keyboards lag BUT not in messaging just when in browser text fields.

Browsing is great but I notice:

it doesn't resize like the stock one(page fitting display), No page scroll indicating bar..and

When I'm swiping across or zooming in a page seems like the words or resolution thins a bit until I stop. Then it refocused. Happens fast and doesn't bother me much just want to know if its normal.

Thanks in advance!
    for your apps, just redownload them from the market....

and the browser works like that for everybody, you could call them bugs, but it is the sacrifice we must make for pinch-zoom
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links