DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 2.1 ---> 2.0.1

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone

2.1 ---> 2.0.1

Hey guys! Im on 2.1 right now, and its so damn buggy I can't stand it! I'd like to get back to 2.0.1 and just run home++ if at all possible. Plus I miss my gps.

Is there a STEP By STEP noob guide to flashing back to 2.0.1. Im not good with the cmd lines in windows or su stuff, isn't there a way to just run update.zip or something and get 2.0.1 back?!

Thanks!
    -Josh

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyman View Post
    Hey guys! Im on 2.1 right now, and its so damn buggy I can't stand it! I'd like to get back to 2.0.1 and just run home++ if at all possible. Plus I miss my gps.

Is there a STEP By STEP noob guide to flashing back to 2.0.1. Im not good with the cmd lines in windows or su stuff, isn't there a way to just run update.zip or something and get 2.0.1 back?!

Thanks!
    -Josh

If you made a nandroid backup right before installing the 2.1 ROM, you should be able to boot holding 'x' and select "restore from backup" from the menu. That's the best and easiest way.

There are also various copies of "stock 2.0.1" images floating around. That might be a good choice if the restore doesn't work to your liking.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)

Links