DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anyone want Multi Touch?

  1. Master Droid
    taypotts's Avatar
    Member #
    2134
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    420
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    #1

    Anyone want Multi Touch?

    Anyone thing this will work to get the update that gave the nexus one multi touch for our Droids?

    How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    agdaniels's Avatar
    Member #
    23140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    Anyone thing this will work to get the update that gave the nexus one multi touch for our Droids?

    How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central
    The Droid would look quite stunning as a paperweight. Word is that there is an updated radio for the N1 in that update, applying it to the Droid could potentially end unfavorably
  4. Master Droid
    mjs31's Avatar
    Member #
    161
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    873
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    #3
    The only thing I don't have multi touch on is maps. Not a big issue for me.
  5. Senior Droid
    iSecks's Avatar
    Member #
    9304
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by agdaniels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    Anyone thing this will work to get the update that gave the nexus one multi touch for our Droids?

    How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central
    The Droid would look quite stunning as a paperweight. Word is that there is an updated radio for the N1 in that update, applying it to the Droid could potentially end unfavorably
    You DO know that you don't have to actually update to get the new apps from the update, right?
  6. Senior Droid
    agdaniels's Avatar
    Member #
    23140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iSecks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agdaniels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taypotts View Post
    Anyone thing this will work to get the update that gave the nexus one multi touch for our Droids?

    How to manually update your Nexus One | Android Central
    The Droid would look quite stunning as a paperweight. Word is that there is an updated radio for the N1 in that update, applying it to the Droid could potentially end unfavorably
    You DO know that you don't have to actually update to get the new apps from the update, right?
    Rhetorical? You DO know there are going to be plenty of ways to get the updates as time passes, but I only said don't use the update.zip because we don't need anyone doing anything stupid, right?
  7. Senior Droid
    iSecks's Avatar
    Member #
    9304
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by agdaniels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iSecks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agdaniels View Post

    The Droid would look quite stunning as a paperweight. Word is that there is an updated radio for the N1 in that update, applying it to the Droid could potentially end unfavorably
    You DO know that you don't have to actually update to get the new apps from the update, right?
    Rhetorical? You DO know there are going to be plenty of ways to get the updates as time passes, but I only said don't use the update.zip because we don't need anyone doing anything stupid, right?
    True. You could just edit the update and remove the flash of the new radio image though. That, of course, is assuming you're already running 2.1 ERD79, and the checks that are made in the update pass on the Droid. [Which they should, as they're just file checks, and if you're running ERD79 the files should be the same on the N1 and the Droid (I believe)]
  8. Senior Droid
    agdaniels's Avatar
    Member #
    23140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iSecks View Post
    True. You could just edit the update and remove the flash of the new radio image though. That, of course, is assuming you're already running 2.1 ERD79, and the checks that are made in the update pass on the Droid. [Which they should, as they're just file checks, and if you're running ERD79 the files should be the same on the N1 and the Droid (I believe)]
    I thought about trying it when I saw the news break, some of the devs on alldroid had already been playing around with it though. Said they were having some reboot loops but were figuring it out. Shouldn't be long before they are packed into the various roms
  9. Senior Droid
    iSecks's Avatar
    Member #
    9304
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by agdaniels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iSecks View Post
    True. You could just edit the update and remove the flash of the new radio image though. That, of course, is assuming you're already running 2.1 ERD79, and the checks that are made in the update pass on the Droid. [Which they should, as they're just file checks, and if you're running ERD79 the files should be the same on the N1 and the Droid (I believe)]
    I thought about trying it when I saw the news break, some of the devs on alldroid had already been playing around with it though. Said they were having some reboot loops but were figuring it out. Shouldn't be long before they are packed into the various roms
    Yeah, I was reading that too. If I read correctly, it's because they had deodexed /system/ previously, so the new files [which are odexed] were not read correctly. The newest posts [after birdman told people to deodex the framework and jar files] say that they're running it and working on posting it. I'm looking forward to having a non-hacked [Well, less-hacked] multitouch browser, and multitouch maps.
  10. Senior Droid
    agdaniels's Avatar
    Member #
    23140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Awesome, I wasn't following the thread as closely as I should have been it seems! I'm stoked about the pinch to zoom in maps as well, thats going to make a huge difference

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. So does this mean were getting multi touch?
    By Edmvr6 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 01:21 AM
  2. multi-touch KB, someone?
    By theguy386 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
  3. multi touch KB?
    By theguy386 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 08:25 AM
  4. Multi-Touch FPS!!
    By TH4RD1NG in forum Android Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. Multi-Touch: The Last Word
    By SoftwareForMe.com in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+