DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: can someone help me plz?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid

can someone help me plz?

Ok so I'm running the smoked glass rom oveclocked to 800 n I want to overclock to 1gig n I downloaded the file n used these directions to install
    Download file
    Place in nandroid
    Reboot recovery (which I did using droid root helper)
    Choose backuprestore
    Choose advanced nadroid restore
    Select choose backup
    Choosethe 1gig file
    Select options to only restore boot
    Select restore
    Then reboot

After I did all that I get nandroid exited with status 25 .what did I do wrong? And by the way after I downloaded the file I clicked it and it said can't be viewed using download cruth so I jus went into astro n moved the file . Idk wat to do I'm still a newb any help will be appreciated thanks in advance

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Ok no one know what I did wrong? Was I suppose to put the file I downloaded in the Nan.droid folder? Does it have anything to do with me maybe adding a metamorph theme lately? Was yhat a stupid question? Lol someone help plz?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Nothing to do with metamorph. It should look like: /sdcard/nandroid/1gig/boot.img

Thats where you should put the file, then in restore choose the 1gig backup and then select boot like it says and it should be fine. The file may have been corrupted when downloaded. It should be a .zip or .rar probably so you would just open that and extract the boot.img to the 1gig folder. Redownload it and do those steps.. Hope that helps..
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    If it is a restore file, then yes. What kind of file is it? What is the full file name?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Ok so I tried downloading it again n it stll didn't work I still get the status 25. Brandon the name of the file is well all it says id file 2php idk I can't even view the file in astro all I can do is edit it n move it
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    I would not use astro to move it. Once downloaded mount your sdcard and use pc to move it to 1gig folder then unmount sdcard, reboot into recovery and your fine...
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Ok I will try it but I have done everything else using astro n never had a problem including applyin new roms . I don't have acces to a comp rite now but ill try tomoro thnks
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by krise11385 View Post
    Ok so I tried downloading it again n it stll didn't work I still get the status 25. Brandon the name of the file is well all it says id file 2php idk I can't even view the file in astro all I can do is edit it n move it
    If you downloaded the "evilboot1g-nand.zip" you can to it from your phone. You have to rename the file .zip instead of .php. Just edit then rename delete php and type zip after the " . " . It will tell that renaming the file might make it unuseable just hit ok. Then unzip. Then move the files you get to the nandroid folder. Then perform the advanced nandroid restore.

P.S.> Its easier to move files using Androzip
    Motorola Droid
    Cyanogenmod 6 nightlies
    Clockwork Recovery
    cvpcs's 1.2ghz SV

Links