How to Root Droid-Noob Friendly
Ok i know there are a lot of these but im trying to make the easiest :motdroidvert:
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE. ITS VERY HARD TO BRICK IT BUT IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!
1. Go to your phone and to to Settings>about>system updates make sure your system is running the latest version of 2.0.1.
2. Download the file this is save it to your Desktop (for easy access) pre-named. zSHARE - update.zip.
3.mount your droid.
4. once on to your computer copy and paste the file in SD card your, droid is not the C:/ or the D:/ open your SD card and paste in the main Drive.
5. once its on your droid unmount and power off. then one your droid has shut down open the keyboard and hold X and the POWER BUTTON until to Motorola sign is gone you should see a triangle with an (!)
6. ok now press and hold the VOLUME PLUS and THE GOLD CAMERA BUTTON it should bring you to a list look and find (install update.zip) navigate using the dpad and press the center button dont mess with it let it do its thing once its done reboot your phone.
7. Now to make sure you rooted go to your apps and find a ninja looking guy it should be called Superuser Permission.
8. to get the SPRecovery recovery screen this is how you do it. download this file zSHARE - RootingTools.zip unzip it using
9. once you have it unziped open it and go to the rooting tools and your should see a folder and a .apk(app file) mount your droid, copy both of those to your SD card where your put update.zip (not in it up above or below it)
10. once you have it go to the market place and get the free app called astro. open it and find root helper install it and open it and pick option 1 and 2 (it may force close the first time but after that i will work) then go to step 2 choose the only one there then go to step 3 and pick the first 2 again and then the last one. once your done with those go all the way to the bottom and pick the last option called 9.9 or something you will see it then hit reboot recovery
now you have a freshly rooted droid any questions please ask :)
some of you are saying about this E:/ something error and then its aborts mine says the same thing but i can root so i have no idea how to fix this sorry
P.S Dont root if your unsure what your doing do some more research if your feel unconformable :greendroid: