DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugless Beast - Anyone having Nandroid issues?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Bugless Beast - Anyone having Nandroid issues?

I'm running BB 0.7.2 800mhz and was planning to upgrade to the new 950mhz version. Wanted to do a Nandroid Backup first and can't get it to complete. It hangs at "Dumping system.tar" and requires a battery pull to get out of it. This has never happened before. Anyone else seen this or have suggestions?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    I did a nandroid backup of 0.7.2 at 800mhz last night without issue and upgraded to 0.7.2 at 950 mhz with no problems. Must be something in your system.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had problems with BB072. It wouldn't go past the motorola on bootup.

I switched to Smoking Glass
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

somewhat off topic

Can someone who upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 comment on the update.zip instructions that pete has in his post? regarding the "uninstall any .odex and .apk that i previously moved to /data" - i could not find any explanation regarding this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdroid View Post
    Can someone who upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 comment on the update.zip instructions that pete has in his post? regarding the "uninstall any .odex and .apk that i previously moved to /data" - i could not find any explanation regarding this.
    I went from a regualar 2.0.1 that was rooted to BB 0.7.1 using the nandroid method. I then went from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 at 800 MHz last night using the update method. Whithin a couple hours I noticed that 0.7.2 at 950 MHz was out so I updated using the update method. I saw the instruction about what you are talking about uninstalling any .odex and I too didn't know what it was talking about. I went ahead and did it anyway and I've had no problems what so ever. I am having issues with the new music app as it freezes up when scrolling. The 3d album art is nice and it doesn't seem to freeze up as much as when in portrait and scrolling normally.

Edit: I found out what my music problem was. I just kept scrolling. It would freeze for a couple seconds and then scoll a little more. It took about a minute and I finally reached the bottom. Since then it scrolls nicely. Apparently it had to build a data base or something is all I can figure out.
    Last edited by hobby31; 02-01-2010 at 11:00 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hobby31 View Post
    I went from a regualar 2.0.1 that was rooted to BB 0.7.1 using the nandroid method. I then went from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 at 800 MHz last night using the update method. Whithin a couple hours I noticed that 0.7.2 at 950 MHz was out so I updated using the update method. I saw the instruction about what you are talking about uninstalling any .odex and I too didn't know what it was talking about. I went ahead and did it anyway and I've had no problems what so ever. I am having issues with the new music app as it freezes up when scrolling. The 3d album art is nice and it doesn't seem to freeze up as much as when in portrait and scrolling normally.
    I guess this particular item is referencing something that is no logner valid..
    Thanks !
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid/Cyanogen
    Well, I don't know about others, but for me there was a few apps I installed into the /system/app directory, so before I updated I copied those out into another directory and did the install. It wiped those apps out, since they weren't in the default install, after that I pushed them back in and re-setup my theme, good to go.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    yes after install of ver 72 i can not do a nandroid backup as well. it hangs and a battery pull is needed. when i put 71 in i did a backup fine then I did a upgrade.zip for 72 and then the 2nd update zip on the 31st. on the 1st i saw the new ver with same number (72) with 950mhz. so i did a verginoem restore and then restored data on my 71 bu. i then insyalled the new 72 posted on the 1st. same thing on bu on 72 after locks on nandroid if a bu is done. other then that the rom is fine.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 rooted
    for the first time ever i did a nandroid backup, then tried to restore it (started with bds yada yada) and it exited with status 25. and one time with 32
    this is with bugless beast 7.2
    related?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by captaingadgets View Post
    yes after install of ver 72 i can not do a nandroid backup as well. it hangs and a battery pull is needed. when i put 71 in i did a backup fine then I did a upgrade.zip for 72 and then the 2nd update zip on the 31st. on the 1st i saw the new ver with same number (72) with 950mhz. so i did a verginoem restore and then restored data on my 71 bu. i then insyalled the new 72 posted on the 1st. same thing on bu on 72 after locks on nandroid if a bu is done. other then that the rom is fine.
    That's weird. Sounds like you had the same problem I did doing a Nandroid backup with the first version 0.7.2. I did a Nandroid restore back to 0.7.1, confirmed that backups worked and then did the update.zip for 0.7.2 950mhz. Then performed a Nandroid BU and it completed just fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links