DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bricked..

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Frim:2.0.1 Build:ESD56
    SPRecovery wasn't installed . I have tried many things leaving the battery out for like an hr then charging it all night it just won't even turn on now lol. I am not sure if I altered the recovery image? All I know is that it would load past the 2 splash screens and go to a black screen. A dark black emptiness. There is no way to get anything on or off the phone, I can't mount it because it isn't even turning on lol. I am pretty sure it is indeed bricked. I am just going to take it to vzw tell them it is junked and if they honor me a replacement awesome, if not looks like im buying another one lol.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by acidcore View Post
    Okay I know I have bricked my phone. It won't turn on or anything it is toast. I did it by uploading a framework-res.apk to /data/local i then used a root file manager to copy that .apk file to /system/framework/ after i did this the phone rebooted had no service and everything force closed. I then took my original framework-res.apk and loaded it. After I did that I restarted the phone and it wouldn't even load past the splash screens. I put the modified .apk back on and it would load again with no service and force closing everything. I again reloaded my original framework-res.apk and it would loop the splash screens again. Being in a panic I stupidly did the On+X and ormatted the phone. Now it was turning on and going past the 2 splash screens but right after the second splash screen it just went to a black screen. I woke up this morning and tried turning the phone on and now it won't even turn on. I guess my real question is this... When replacing the framework-res.apk it messed up the phone obviously and all i did was change 1 single graphic. So why when I reloaded the original apk did it not just go back to normal? Maybe I wasn't actually loading it right? Like i said i used root file manager to replace the apk originally so maybe i wasn't replacing it through adb? I was doing adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/ and it said it wrote it to there. Would this be correct? If anyone could shed light on this I would be happy. At least I have a $150 paperweight now!
    well... if you are rooted... you could go through ADB to do everything. use the mount command to mount system, push (install) flash_image, use flash_image to install SPRecovery, put in ANY nandroid backup that includes BDS (just to be safe) in a nandroid folder on SDcard, then try that. ADB will work and access the phone if the little light turns on when you plug in the cord. This is all I know that can help you. good luck
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I don't think people are reading everything lol. I am not trying to be mean but it doesn't even turn on and even when it did it wouldn't let me mount. It is like i got a virus like it just ate away all the internal files. It is very awkward.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

Congratulations!! On being the first person (that I've seen) to brick the Droid. Dam... I was just telling someone in another thread last night that "it's hard to brick the device and I actually haven't seen anyone actually do it yet."

But seriously, sorry to hear, that really sucks. I would def take a trip to VZW store if nothing else. If they can get it to power on they should be able to force a boot image to it, if they can't than they should replace it under warranty since they can't 'prove' you did anything (of course tell them you have 'no idea what happened'). Even if they manage to power it on and force an image I don't think they'll be able to "see" what you did. Worth a shot at any rate. Good luck
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I don't think people are reading everything lol. I am not trying to be mean but it doesn't even turn on and even when it did it wouldn't let me mount. It is like i got a virus like it just ate away all the internal files. It is very awkward.
    I did not read everything either and I'm not going to because I have a headache (as you do to probably!), however, are you sure the battery has been charged? If your system was severely compromised, did it allow the battery to be charged? Could it be as simple as that - dead battery? I know, probably as stupid suggestion, but it's the only one I have .
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Yea this seems odd to me.

Usually if its bricked it will turn on then just do nothing. I don't know of any software commend that could tell it never turn on again. Fried maybe, not bricked. If you fried it to the point of no power, then you can get a replacement from vzon. Just call, then them it's dead and hope they don't come back after you when they get the dead one.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    No no suggestion is stupid lol. Yea I jumped the gun when it first messed up. I don't think they would be able to know if I did anything to it I mean the only thing on the sd card is the update.zip but i could just take the sd card out lol and it should still boot fine without it right? The actual system I don't think has anything on it since i replaced the framework-res.apk with the original before it completely crashed. I think I have busybox on there and i have a couple rooting apps so I think they might see that and be like "yea you hacked it you are SOL sorry"
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Bayou,

That is excactly my suggestion. If The system fies are toast, it wil likley not charge. We have had a few folks who were doing "things" to the phone on either a weak charge or on a usb port that was not charging. They too had a "dead" phone that was just a dead battery. And, some usb cables do not chrage at all, just transmit data. I am sure the op is using his stock cable, but something to keep in mind.

Not sure what the status of aftermarket battery charges are these days, but if the op ever had a thought of buying a spare battery and/or chrager, now would be a good time.

Craig
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lol wow was just sitting here and it turned on sadly it still goes to a black screen
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    lol wow was just sitting here and it turned on sadly it still goes to a black screen
    Try to enter the bootloader, it will give you a battery status. While booting up hold the 'up' on the d-pad with keyboard open ... so if phone is held vertical, it actually would be 'right' on the d-pad
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links