DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: SetCPU - Max/Min settings?

  1. Senior Droid
    Canefan's Avatar
    Member #
    19956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    125
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    SetCPU - Max/Min settings?

    Running Bugless Beauty and have a question about SetCPU. When does the phone revert to the min setting? Is it when the processor is sleeping? If so, why would I need to set up a sleep profile? I currently have it set to 800/125. Is that how it should be set up?

    Also, if I do set up a sleep profile what should those settings be? Does there need to be a certain minimum clock speed so that the phone can execute the tasks it needs to during sleep such as looking up contact information when an incoming phone call comes in?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    Larkitect's Avatar
    Member #
    32006
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    63
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Canefan View Post
    Running Bugless Beauty and have a question about SetCPU. When does the phone revert to the min setting? Is it when the processor is sleeping? If so, why would I need to set up a sleep profile? I currently have it set to 800/125. Is that how it should be set up?

    Also, if I do set up a sleep profile what should those settings be? Does there need to be a certain minimum clock speed so that the phone can execute the tasks it needs to during sleep such as looking up contact information when an incoming phone call comes in?
    i have mine set for min/max 125 when asleep and have no problems with receiving calls or displaying contact info on incoming calls. i should probably at least bump the max to 250 while sleeping because i have seen 1 error msg regarding a background task of some sort. i use wifi at home and i think it was relating to syncing email. i've only seen it once and that was after a very long sleep session.
    the problem with computers is that they do what you tell them to do and not what you want them to do.
  4. Droid Ninja
    cpjr's Avatar
    Member #
    17607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,598
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #3
    Im greedy....mine is set to 900mhz all the time

    No issues in a week, so far.
  5. Droid
    Larkitect's Avatar
    Member #
    32006
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    63
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Im greedy....mine is set to 900mhz all the time

    No issues in a week, so far.
    i'm not brave enough to push it past 800MHz.
    the problem with computers is that they do what you tell them to do and not what you want them to do.
  6. Senior Droid
    clucernoni's Avatar
    Member #
    31734
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    DROID
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkitect View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Im greedy....mine is set to 900mhz all the time

    No issues in a week, so far.
    i'm not brave enough to push it past 800MHz.
    im set to 1 ghz now for three days and have not had an issue.it is super fast and doesn't really get very hot.there are hardware precautions that will shut off the phone before you fry it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Canefan's Avatar
    Member #
    19956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    125
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    With all due respect, this thread was not about how fast people are pushing their phones. I was asking if anyone understood when the phone went to whatever the min setting was and how did that differ from sleep mode. In other words, if it's set to 800/125, won't the phone go to 125 when it's in standby? Why is the sleep profile needed?
  8. Senior Droid
    acturbo's Avatar
    Member #
    13500
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Canefan View Post
    With all due respect, this thread was not about how fast people are pushing their phones. I was asking if anyone understood when the phone went to whatever the min setting was and how did that differ from sleep mode. In other words, if it's set to 800/125, won't the phone go to 125 when it's in standby? Why is the sleep profile needed?
    The phone will not automatically be running at 125 in sleep mode, using set CPU you are forcing the phone to run at a max of 125. I found this to be a hassle when I had it set that way. When my phone was coming out of sleep and I would receive a phone call it was very laggy and took a while until I could even see who was calling. I found that setting sleep to 250/125 worked best for me.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SetCPU App - How do i use it?
    By jared1337 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
  2. SetCPU question***
    By DroidHoff in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
  3. setCPU question
    By bogdan912 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
  4. SetCPU 1.4.4a and Evilboot8.img
    By BabaGanoush in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
  5. setCPU CPU Governor????
    By Kdubbjr in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Search tags for this page

best setcpu settings for droid
,

droid setcpu settings

,
set cpu 00 max min
,
set cpu max
,
set cpu to max
,

setcpu droid settings

,

setcpu max

,

setcpu settings droid

,
setcpu settings for droid
,
setcpu settings on droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+