DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: how to remove bloatware

  1. Junior Droid
    rootmyrezound's Avatar
    Member #
    245758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    how to remove bloatware

    I just rooted my HTC Rezound.

    How do I go about removing the Facebook/NFL/etc bloatware that comes with the Rezound?
  2. Junior Droid
    SkyZ's Avatar
    Member #
    245786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    GT-I5510
    #2
    Have you tried uninstalling via titanium backup? It will let me uninstall any system app but I'm using the cyanogen mod.
  3. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #3
    Easiest thing to do is freeze them with Titanum Backup -- You can also detach them from the market, so you wont get updates pushed down as the come out.
  4. Junior Droid
    rootmyrezound's Avatar
    Member #
    245758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Easiest thing to do is freeze them with Titanum Backup -- You can also detach them from the market, so you wont get updates pushed down as the come out.

    Hi, I went ahead and dl titanium backup and had a big smirk on my face as I deleted the bloatware forced upon me by Verizon. Main reason: I own 2 businesses and use this phone for business. Battery life is atrocious and everytime I loaded up Advanced Task Killer, I saw Facebook/etc (which I never use) sucking down my battery juice.

    I read somewhere else that if I completely delete the bloatware (without backing it up), I will not be able to receive OTA updates.....is this true? I did not back anything up, I just deleted Facebook/Youtube/NFL/etc. Only the main programs that I recognized.....did I delete.

    Everything else I left stock.


    Other than that....what are some other cool things I can do with this phone now that it's rooted? Is there a fix for the WiFi that will allow me to stop giving Verizon $30/mo. for the "privilege" of turning my phone into a wifi hotspot? I'm already paying for the bandwith....don't see why they are trying to make a profit off something that I'm already paying for.


    thanks
  5. Junior Droid
    SkyZ's Avatar
    Member #
    245786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    GT-I5510
    #5
    Our mobile company doesent charge extra for tethering.

    Don't see how vorizon can determine normal 3G from tethered data.

    If its with the tethering app you use you could change to annother program like wireless tether for root users.

    Otherwise there's an addon in the firefox that let's you change you user agent to let it think that its android browsing.
  6. Junior Droid
    rootmyrezound's Avatar
    Member #
    245758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyZ View Post
    Our mobile company doesent charge extra for tethering.

    Don't see how vorizon can determine normal 3G from tethered data.

    If its with the tethering app you use you could change to annother program like wireless tether for root users.

    Otherwise there's an addon in the firefox that let's you change you user agent to let it think that its android browsing.
    I found this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

    But not sure how to install. Is there anything in the Marketplace that I can download for free WiFi wireless tethering? This is only going to be used to get my laptop on the internet (via WiFi from my Rezound) to answer emails etc. No gaming or video watching or anything like that.....so I don't see how Verizon can tell.
  7. Junior Droid
    rootmyrezound's Avatar
    Member #
    245758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rootmyrezound View Post
    I found this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

    But not sure how to install. Is there anything in the Marketplace that I can download for free WiFi wireless tethering? This is only going to be used to get my laptop on the internet (via WiFi from my Rezound) to answer emails etc. No gaming or video watching or anything like that.....so I don't see how Verizon can tell.
    lol nevermind. Just downloaded it on my phone and it works like a charm. Wow, this is really great!
  8. Junior Droid
    SkyZ's Avatar
    Member #
    245786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    GT-I5510
    #8
    Wireless tether for root users is a market app. Search it in the market and download it from there.

    You will also need the firefox browser on your pc and the add-on that let's you change your user agent to bypass it
  9. Junior Droid
    rootmyrezound's Avatar
    Member #
    245758
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyZ View Post
    Wireless tether for root users is a market app. Search it in the market and download it from there.

    You will also need the firefox browser on your pc and the add-on that let's you change your user agent to bypass it

    Why would I need to change user agent for?
  10. Junior Droid
    SkyZ's Avatar
    Member #
    245786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    GT-I5510
    #10
    That's how they caan tell if your using a pc browser with the tethering because your user agent string will show this when you visit any site.

    If you change your browser user agent to make it act like an android device they shouldn't be able to tell and you should get charged by your normal data plan
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [HOW TO] Remove bloatware
    By qoncept in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
  2. is it ok to remove all VZ Bloatware?
    By JawBoneEra in forum HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 08:32 PM
  3. How do we remove the Bloatware?
    By Datzneat in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
  4. So who knows how to remove all the bloatware
    By titos in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
  5. Possible way to remove the bloatware
    By droidism in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 remove bloatware

,

droid incredible remove bloatware

,

how to remove bloatware from htc rezound

,
how to remove bloatware rezound
,
htc bloatware removal
,
remove bloatware droid incredible 2
,
remove bloatware htc incredible
,

remove rezound bloatware

,
removing bloatware from htc incredible
,
rezound bloatware
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+