DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADB and USB driver help needed!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exclamation ADB and USB driver help needed!

I have been trying to figure this out for approximately 48 hours now..no luck.

I cant seem to get adb to locate my device. I know that I need to install the usb drivers that came with the Android SDK but I am unable to do so..every time my phone plugs in it automatically installs the drivers. The reason for this is because I used my phone with my PC before and used MOUNT when connecting with usb cable. I am aware that when using mount. the pc automatically detects it as a Mass Storage Device...I tried uninstalling drivers and installing new drivers and everything around it...still no luck.

Does anybody have a solution to my problem? I'm pretty sure their are other people out there with the same issue

Here are my specs:
    Windows 7 Home Edition
    Motorola Droid from Verizon
    stock USB cable
    Android SDK rev.4 which includes 2.1 (usb drivers are updated)
    I access my ADB through CMD through the AndroidSDK/Tools/
    I type adb shell...
    Daemon started successfully...
    error: device not found!!!

I had to use the public libraries computer to flash my droid for overclocking and I was successful. I still need this to work on my laptop. Please help.
    Last edited by orbatrin; 01-29-2010 at 06:24 PM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    After uninstalling the drivers, check for the device in Control Panel, System and delete it from there. May also be shown as unknown since the drivers are gone.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Ok, I'll try to help. Go here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA and download "Motorola 4.2.0 Driver with MotoConnect* (for 32-bit versions of Windows®)." Install, connect phone (you should see 1 additional driver install), try adb shell again. Hope this helps, good luck!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sorry guys.....I've tried all that....I just went through my registry and deleted everything containing Android...just connected my my device and I did not mount it. Windows 7 attempted to install the drivers and said "failed". I went to device manager and it shows "Android Phone":"Motorola A855" with an exclamation mark meaning the driver is not working properly. So I went into properties and attempted to update the driver...selected my driver and it said that the current driver is up to date "the best software for your device is already installed" then "this device is not configured correctly.

I attempted to access adb but no luck. If I mount the phone then windows will automatically install the appropriate drivers and my adb would still not work...

Please help!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    its not configured for windows 7 so You need to set the compatibility for the driver to run on vista sp 2 I think it was.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Not true about win 7. I did not have to change anything with compatability mode when I did all this on win 7.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    You need to put the Droid in debugging mode. I believe it is in settings then applications then development.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Guys guys let's not get out of hand here...its not the compatibility issue, its not the debugging issue..if u read my post thouroughly..u will notice that I already overclcoked my phone at the public library. It just does not want to connect on my laptop because windows 7 defaultly recognizes it as aa mass storage device?? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    I really dont know how win 7 is turning it into a mass storage device if you are not selecting mount. Does it actually allow you to drag and drop files?

And for the record...Does not matter what you did before, things can get switched back. You did not specifically say that you still had it in debug, so I dont assume anything.
    Last edited by mjs31; 01-30-2010 at 07:30 AM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Have you tried plugging in your phone, going to device manager then drives and uninstalling the Droid from there? Not saying this will help, but worth a try. When I just did that, unplugged my Droid and replugged it back in, it reloaded the drivers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links