DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: PdaNet problem on secure sites

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX

PdaNet problem on secure sites

PdaNet on my Verizon Droid has worked fine up to a week ago. I can't connect to a secure web site (Bank, checkout windows, PayPal,ETC), normal web sites are ok. It did work with these sites. It does connect to these sites on my wireless connection at home, so I would think that the problem is with the PdaNet interface.

Ken
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken41 View Post
    PdaNet on my Verizon Droid has worked fine up to a week ago. I can't connect to a secure web site (Bank, checkout windows, PayPal,ETC), normal web sites are ok. It did work with these sites. It does connect to these sites on my wireless connection at home, so I would think that the problem is with the PdaNet interface.

Ken
    That means your trial period is over. You need to buy the full version to access secure sites.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Ken
    The free version of PdaNet has made it clear they do not support https past the trial period ... you can pay I think $30/$40 for the full version.

OR you could use the wireless tether which has no limitations, and is free (although donations are accepted by the dev).
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Senior moment! I paid for the license, got the email with the license number, but forgot to put the license number in the settings drop down.

For those who have never experienced a senior moment, you will!

Ken
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Ken
    If you have not purchased this fanastic app already, they are offering it for a limited time at $15.95. WELL worth the price.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX

Re: PdaNet problem on secure sites

Often, it is free after rebates: Thinking of buying PdaNet?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by majorcynic View Post
    If you have not purchased this fanastic app already, they are offering it for a limited time at $15.95. WELL worth the price.
    For a limited time, sounds like the best sale of the year. season, etc. at Macy's et al. Always another 'best' or limited time' next week.

I picked up PDAnet 3 years ago for $15.95 for my laptop. Bought it again for $15.95 a year ago for my Macbook Pro one the pc shot craps. Methinks $15.95 is the standard. Well worth it IMHO.

Please note, there is no charge to install on new phones, just the computer you intend to tether.

Links