DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Phone call issues on D1 - Crackling & no/low Mic

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Phone call issues on D1 - Crackling & no/low Mic

I'm just trying to limp along with this D1, till the Nexus finally makes an appearance... not for sure if I can wait any longer...

This problem reared its ugly head awhile back while I was running ProjectElite. My ability to make an actual phone call went the way of the Dodo... Crackling & Static on my end, and my mic volume is either low or non existent. The person on the other end can't hear me or if they can its very muffled and cant make out what I'm saying. I initially thought it was a hardware issue, but decided to see what I could do. I untrooted and restored to stock as described here. Problem still there. Then I went into the stock recovery screen and cleared the baseband data and re-activated and problem was fixed! Yay! not a hardware issue after all!

So fast forward to now... I've since re-rooted, but am now running BB GPA19. Everything good for several weeks, then the same problem comes back again! Only this time I unroot, back to stock, clear baseband, reactivate... but problem still exists. You still can't hear me on the other end of the call and there is severe crackling on my end of the call.

Due to the fact that I was able to correct this problem before, it leads me to believe that this is still not a hardware failure and can be remedied... Hoping that someone else has experienced this problem and has fixed it...

The timing of these Nexus delays could not be any worse for me. I have waited this ling for that damn phone, so I'd hate to settle for something else now, but I need to be able to make a phone call.... after all it is a phone. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I figured it out.... I realized that the first time I "fixed" my problem (a month ago) I had reflashed back to stock running RSDLite on Windows XP. This time around however, I was running Vista. After paying close attention to the flashing process again, I noticed that I was getting an error writing to RAM at the 99% complete mark during the flash. BUt the flash would then show "completed" and the phone would reboot as normal before I realized what was going on.

So I went back to a WinXP machine and tried flashing again using the same stock FR22D sbf (from Pete's site), and sure enough... no errors this time around. Once reflashed to stock, I wiped the baseband like I had before, reactivated and BOOM. FIXED! Damn Vista strikes again.

Links