DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Overclock question

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Overclock question

I pushed the 800 mhz file and all is working. When I decided to try out 900 mhz, I noticed the SetCPU still has 800 mhz as the top speed. I tried to push the 900 mhz evilboot file a few times and still have no luck. Does the 800 mhz evilboot.img need to be removed before pushing evilboot9? If not, does anyone have any idea why it won't recognize 900 or 1000 mhz?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    I pushed the 800 mhz file and all is working. When I decided to try out 900 mhz, I noticed the SetCPU still has 800 mhz as the top speed. I tried to push the 900 mhz evilboot file a few times and still have no luck. Does the 800 mhz evilboot.img need to be removed before pushing evilboot9? If not, does anyone have any idea why it won't recognize 900 or 1000 mhz?
    Did you try going back to the device selection screen and choose autodetect again, then hit refresh.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post
    Did you try going back to the device selection screen and choose autodetect again, then hit refresh.
    I did and it still has 800mhz as the max. I've rebooted a few times, flashed the evilboot9.img a few times, and it still stays at 800 mhz. I figured I would stay at 800 mhz anyway, but I was still excited to try out the other two as well.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid-root
    im using an older setcpu. the evilboot8/9/1g renames 600 mhz as 800/900/1ghz. so try setting it to 600 mhz and see what happens. else.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I did and it still has 800mhz as the max. I've rebooted a few times, flashed the evilboot9.img a few times, and it still stays at 800 mhz. I figured I would stay at 800 mhz anyway, but I was still excited to try out the other two as well.
    you didnt have a nandoid backup to fall back on?
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

you didnt have a nandoid backup to fall back on?
    I do, but I wanted to figure out what was going on. I eventually figured it out last night and am running at 900 mhz without ever having to do a restore!

Links