Can someone oced to 1ghz use navigation
For like a hour and report back on temp..
1. Get this file - http://zarnochwf1.com/droid/kernel/m.../tiwlan_drv.ko and save it to the root of your sdcard.
2. Launch Terminal Emulator and then...
3. mount -o remount,rw /system
4. cp /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko tiwlan_drv.ko.bak
5. cat /sdcard/tiwlan_drv.ko > /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
6. chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko
7. mount -o remount,ro /system
8. Reboot your DROID
I'm trying this out at 900mhz. I'm using the Smoked Glass ROM... let you know how it goes.
EDIT: It works great! Opening apps/going through menus is super snappy!
Also, PhoneMyPC feels like the computer is ON my phone!
Last edited by Big Lou; 01-26-2010 at 08:46 AM.
I read thru the entire thread on Alldroid and am still a bit sketchy on my adb steps.
I don't want to polute that thread with dumb noob questions on adb questions. But it would be great is someone could post a step by step...command by command guid eto running this.
Here are the step by step from the other thread and my questions
Make sure you have sprecovery 2b (no clue what this is)
Make sure you have flash_image on your system, in /system/xbin/ or /system/bin (no clue what this is)
Make sure you perform a nandroid backup first
Make sure to enable usb debugging on phone
1) Copy evilboot8.img to the root of your SDCard
2) reboot into sprecovery mode (X on keyboard right?)
3) select mount options
4) mount /system
5) mount /sdcard
from adb on pc:
6) adb shell /system/xbin/flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot8.img
(where xbin is xbin or bin depending on location of flash_image file on phone) (How do I find this out?)
7) unmount system
8) unmount sdcard