DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *release* Overclocking Droid 800mhz, 900mhz, 1Ghz

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes, I have that file from SPRecovery, but from my understanding, it lies in the /data/local directory. Do we need to move this into bin or xbin?

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
    Yes, I have that file from SPRecovery, but from my understanding, it lies in the /data/local directory. Do we need to move this into bin or xbin?
    If you put it in the /data/local directory, you just need to go through those steps again but place it in system/bin this time. If you used Droid Root Helper to get the flash_image file, it put it in the correct place (either system/bin or system/xbin).
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay, so:

dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/system/bin/flash_image

?

Reddit: TheRealBigLou
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've gone through the process of overclocking twice, and have had to do a recovery both times. I've got flash_image in /system/xbin directory. I reboot into recovery and mount /system and /sdcard. When I do "flash_image boot /sdcard/evilboot8.img", it doesn't give me an error or anything, so I assume it worked and reboot the phone. The phone will boot up to the point of mounting the SD card. Just as I'm about to put in my unlock pattern, the phone reboots itself. It just does this repeatedly, so I'm forced to do a Nandroid recovery.

Is this a common issue? I'm new to rooting and have done a few things, but this is the only thing that's given me trouble so far. I have root and SPRecovery, but it's stock 2.0.1 besides that. I can't figure out where I'm going wrong in the overclocking setup.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    Relay,

It sounds like you are doing it correctly, the same way I have been doing it since the 6 was out. When exiting the sprecovery, do you remember to unmount sd and system? Perhaps try it again, unplugging the phone from the usb while it is rebooting? Perhaps try one of the other speeds, to confirm your image files are sound.

I think they have an update file now posted, perhaps this would work? It sure sounds like there is something going on with usb and or your sd card, I would try anything you can think of related to mounting, usb, your cable, your usb port on the pc, media dock if using that, etc.

Craig
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    @Relay If you have your droid rooted and SPRecovry might I make a suggestion to just download the nandroid back file of the OC boot.img that is posted. By doing so then you do not have to deal with adb or mounting and unmounting anything. Just download the file unzip it and copy the entire folder (IE evilboot8-BOOT) to your nandroid folder on the sdcard. After that just boot into recovery and select advanced restore to then select the folder you just put on the phone and in about 5 secs after that is will flash the updated boot.img to your phone and you can then reboot to see what happen.

I did mine this way yesterday while at the office seeing as I don't have adb on this comp and was fully up and running OC'd to 800 Mhz in less then 5 mins.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    I seem to have it set up properly for 900mhz but the soft button leds never turn off while the phone is on. I've tried turning auto brightness on and off a few times but they still stay on.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Im giving VZ 2 more days to OTA the 2.1, after that im doing this! it sounds to fun to pass up lol
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have given a run with 900 and 1ghz...prefer 900 over 1 as phone doesn't get warm with 900...but more increase in temp with 1ghz overclock.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 Droid 2, Motorola XOOM
    Quote Originally Posted by tats_06 View Post
    I have given a run with 900 and 1ghz...prefer 900 over 1 as phone doesn't get warm with 900...but more increase in temp with 1ghz overclock.
    i agree, 900MHz is good for me as well, i couldnt tell the 800MHz as much and 1GHz seemed a little too intense
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links