DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unrooting concerns PLEASE HELP

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

Unrooting concerns PLEASE HELP

I need to unroot my OGDorid because it's time for a new phone. I want to keep all my normal user apps though such as shazam pulse craigslist things like that but once i unroot i wont be able to use titanium back up to restore those so is there any way to not lose all that stuff when i unroot so i can just have the guy at Verizon dump all that onto my new phone once i get it? sorry if it's a noob question but i haven't found anything concerning this and just want to be clear on what to do. By the way i was planning on unrooting just by flashing FRG22D in sprrecovery.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    You are not making much sense so forgive dumb questions. Why do you need to unroot to do that? You will still keep your OGDROID and VZW guy will not care if it is rooted or not. If you are getting a new phone what do you care what happens on the old one?
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Copy the Titanium Backup contents on your sd card to a directory or somewhere on your computer. Then once you get the new phone, copy that onto the sd card on your new phone (with the exact same directory structure that it was on the old sd card). Then, assuming the new phone can be rooted (if not you're out of luck), install TB and restore from the new SD card.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    Ok so I was concerned that I would catch crap when they went to transfer my contacts and what not to the new phone. Because that requires them pluging my phone into their stuff and moveing my info to the new phone. I figured they would tell me they couldn't do it because its rooted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Do it yourself. What is the point of rooting your phone if you don't control it?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    Heres the thing i don't plan on rooting my new phone right out of the box so i just wanted a simple switch with out any problems unrooting and bringing in my old phone seemed like the easiest way.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    So why don't you want to root your new phone? Every phone I've owned I've rooted with 30 minutes of pulling it out of the box.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    it's just preference I admit i love having a Rooted OG droid and i probably would hate the phone by now if I didn't root it. With that being said there is a convience factor that comes with an unrooted phone (within warranty). My droid got messed up about a month out of warranty so i rooted it seeing no other options. Now will i root my new phone once the warranty runs out almost definietly but i personally like having the fall back of just sending in the phone if something happens that i don't have the time or ability to easily fix. With all this said could i just save all my info to the sd card and stick it in my new phone and transfer everything that why?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    That is your choice of course but honestly I've never seen WZW care. If the phone is so screwed up that you can't unroot it then it is so screwed up that the status of it can't be checked. Also when returned the phones are blanked and SBF'd on arrival to test the phone's function so they could care less about what was done with it or what was on it. They are trying to see if a standard SBF will flash to it. And if it does it goes out the door to someone else. (This is why refurb phones are such crap. No real testing is done.)
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    So are you saying I can just walk in with a rooted phone and they will transfer my data no problem? Or are you just talking about sending it in for service? I went to Verizon today to look at phones and ended up teaching the Guy there about the razr rather than getting any information he didn't even know the the nexus was coming out on Verizon so I don't think he would have known what rooting was if I even brought it up so I didn't bother asking about it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links