DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rsd lite and what to do next...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2

Rsd lite and what to do next...

I a droid 2 i had to use rsd lite to take the d2 back to stock. problem is that my phone keeps flashing the droid eye and then the droid word and keeps on reapeting this over and over. rsd lite says... status: please manually power up this phone, progress: 100% executed, and result: in process. anyone know what to do next?

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    At this point you need to disconnect the phone from the computer, pull the battery, boot into stock recovery, and wipe data and cache from there. Boot looping after an SBF is normal.

It has been a while but I am pretty sure to get into stock recovery on a D2 you need to (from a powered off state) hold in X on the hardware keyboard while powering up. Once you get to the screen with the ! , hit the search key, and you should now be in stock recovery.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bertosaurus View Post
    I a droid 2 i had to use rsd lite to take the d2 back to stock. problem is that my phone keeps flashing the droid eye and then the droid word and keeps on reapeting this over and over. rsd lite says... status: please manually power up this phone, progress: 100% executed, and result: in process. anyone know what to do next?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    At this point you need to disconnect the phone from the computer, pull the battery, boot into stock recovery, and wipe data and cache from there. Boot looping after an SBF is normal.

It has been a while but I am pretty sure to get into stock recovery on a D2 you need to (from a powered off state) hold in X on the hardware keyboard while powering up. Once you get to the screen with the ! , hit the search key, and you should now be in stock recovery.
    thank you very much i got it to work
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    I 've been trying to get wireless tether workign on my father in law's phone. Long story short, ended up rooting it (was on Gbread 2.3.3). I then installed CWM as well as Droid2Bootstrapper.

Went into Droid2bootstrapper, cleared cache, wiped data / files, and installed CM7. Now I'm stuck on the M logo on bootup. I tried the method here (hold X and power) and I get to the screen with the exclamation mark; but hitting the SEarch key doesn't bring me into anything. I'm just trying to get back to where I was... any suggestions? I can't seem to get into recovery.

It's been a loooong time (since my D1) since I've used RSD LIte, not even sure where to start if I have to go down that route.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Before we try and begin to recover your phone, what version of CM did you attempt to flash on your phone? If it was not the correct one then you will need to SBF unfortunately.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    On stock gb (not sure how CM impacts this) you need to use the power button rather than the search key in stock recovery to get the menu. Search key works for froyo but not gb

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silver6054 View Post
    On stock gb (not sure how CM impacts this) you need to use the power button rather than the search key in stock recovery to get the menu. Search key works for froyo but not gb

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    It works the same way on CM. I just held off on this in case an improper ROM was flashed we could conserve battery and head straight to fixing it since the battery does not charge while all this is going on.

@ Parafly, Let us know what ROM and where it came from. There are 2 versions on CM, the official and unofficial (Revnumbers) builds. For GB you need to use the unofficial ones.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    I ended up SBF'ing back to 2.2 ... there was nothing I could do to get it going. I was running CWM 7.1, not sure what version.

Right now I'm back on Froyo. I'm trying to re-root with Z4Mod, which worked on Froyo last time for me.

The basic goal is: I'm trying to get wireless tether working for my father in law again. He upgraded the phone to GB and lost root when he did that. I re-rooted the phone, and installed Wireless Tether but then ended up getting the issue where Verizon blocks access (suggesting to sign up for the data plan). I was only going to CM to see if using a ROM would enable me to run Wireless Tether without Verizon blocking it.

Right now I'm debating whether to go back to GB. I'm unable to get Z4root working to try wireless tether on the 2.2.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    ntreuter
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Now trying to root Froyo with psouza4's root tool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links