DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Unroot/Lost root/downgrade. HELP ME PLEASE!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Unroot/Lost root/downgrade. HELP ME PLEASE!

Hello. A few weeks ago I upgraded my droid X to 2.3.3. Prior to the upgrade I had z4 root. After the upgrade I deleted the app without unrooting.  Now I want to unroot or somehow reroot with this new update. The superuser thing is still there but when I try to run anything that requires a root, it says your phone must be rooted. When I try to rerun z4 it does nothing. My research has uncovered that the z4 means nothing on this new update. Please help! Thanks a bunch.If no one knows how to get this rerooted can you please give me some guidance on how to set it back to factory so I can start all over. Thanks again!
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    The reason Superuser is there but does not work is because the GB updates breaks root. Which would you prefer to root this or roll back to stock?

If you want to root what you have currently you can use the D3 One-click Method. This is a link to the one I use and it should work on any Moto device running 2.3.3: http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/

I
    f you want to roll back to 2.2.1 and root using z4 then you will need to SBF which is far more involved but IMO not too bad.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    The reason Superuser is there but does not work is because the GB updates breaks root. Which would you prefer to root this or roll back to stock?

If you want to root what you have currently you can use the D3 One-click Method. This is a link to the one I use and it should work on any Moto device running 2.3.3: http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/

I
    f you want to roll back to 2.2.1 and root using z4 then you will need to SBF which is far more involved but IMO not too bad.
    I have a MAC. I went to the MAC link and it redirected me to another message board, but I was unable to find the instructions for this one click method. Please help. I need you to guide me like a 3 year old. My preferred method is just to root with the upgrade, since that's supposed to be easier. By the way, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!

Links