DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need help with rooted nook

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung infuse4

Need help with rooted nook

My brother rooted my nook color a few months ago, and it crashed after trying to install a 32g sd card. He rerooted it a few weeks ago and some of the apps I had before like facebook and nook are not compatible with the device anymore. Can't someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DroidForums

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung infuse4
    When I go to the market to install these apps it says my device isn't compatible, But I had them installed before it crashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Better late than never...

I'm not sure if you've found a solution already or not, but I've got a rooted NookColor and I've had CyanogenMod v7.0.3 and Phiremod v6.3 flashed successfully, but I assume that you could have the same problem if you're running stock B&N v1.2 as well. I've had a problem with the newest market version not showing a lot of the normal GApps (Facebook, Google Maps, etc.). If you're on the newest market (the dark one) try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market and uninstall updates, then use a file manager that has root privileges (I use Root Explorer, personally) and go to /system/app and delete marketupdater. The older market seems to work better for me, although some apps still don't show on my downloads page, I can still download them from the market by searching. If you're not using the new market, then I would say just download Rom Manager from the market and flash GApps, although that doesn't solve Nook for Android. For that I would search for the apk online, then sideload it and use Titanium Backup from the market to restore your "Nook for Android's" market link, which will cause it to show in your downloads page.

If none of this works, you could try editing your build.prop file under /system/media, although you should DEFINITELY do a backup beforehand, as this could mess you up pretty bad if not done right. Most people have had success editing it to make the market "think" you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Just Google this if you want the details, it's easy to find.

I hope this was somewhat helpful, and feel free to reply with either more information or feedback on how it went for you.
    Droid RAZR
    Rooted Stock 2.3.6
    ----------------------
    OG Droid
    Rooted Stock 2.2.3

Links