DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Blocked Ports

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Blocked Ports

When the SSH Daemon dropbear was released many people assumed it wouldn't work on Verizon's 3G network, only for most people to realize it does infact work. Well it doesn't for me...and I haven't been able to figure out why.

I also can't ping my 3G IP, I've done a port scan from 1-65535 and ALL ports are closed.

Everything works when I switch over to Wi-Fi, so its definitely something with Verizon.

If anybody has any ideas it'd be greatly appreciated, I badly want SSH, VNC, and I want to run PAW Server (amazing app in the market).

(The reason this is in the hacks section is because I'd assume a workaround will have to be developed)

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @berzerker7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by crdnilfan View Post
    When the SSH Daemon dropbear was released many people assumed it wouldn't work on Verizon's 3G network, only for most people to realize it does infact work. Well it doesn't for me...and I haven't been able to figure out why.

I also can't ping my 3G IP, I've done a port scan from 1-65535 and ALL ports are closed.

Everything works when I switch over to Wi-Fi, so its definitely something with Verizon.

If anybody has any ideas it'd be greatly appreciated, I badly want SSH, VNC, and I want to run PAW Server (amazing app in the market).

(The reason this is in the hacks section is because I'd assume a workaround will have to be developed)
    Any ports blocked are on Verizon's side, and I doubt they'll be opening them anytime soon. There's nothing any of us can do about it.

Retired: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible. VZW iPhone
    Current phone: Droid Bionic
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I do realize this, which is why I was having such trouble understanding why so many people on this forum as well as other forums have the ability to SSH over their 3G connections, in fact so far nobody else has posted a problem with blocked incoming ports except for me (that I have seen).
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I concur with you, when in 3G mode ALL ports are blocked as far as I can tell. So I also don't understand how it works for others.

Links