DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem problem problem

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms

Problem problem problem

i payed 3$ FOR DROID 2 BOOTSTRAPPER....I BACKED EVERYTHIG UP...wiped cache and factory setting....then went to scroll down to choose zip from sd card....(went to choose some nightly dl thing to dl a cytomadren thing rom) well the dam things not there so i go to reboot my droid 2g and theres nothing there.....freakin wiped everything so now i dont have my apps to dl the nightly dl thing for the cytomendtetnfowe thing rom...the hell do i do......u can go to my thread on what rom do i use to kinda get the story
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    What did you use to back up? If you used clockworkmod to do a nandroid from recovery then you could restore it. Just log into your google account on your phone, download bootstrap, use it to boot into recovery, and then do the restore.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    hey man...yea i just figured it out lol....but thanks tho....i dl titanuim back up from the market...i hit open and then it said allow user to do something...i hit allow then came to the titanuim screen after it loaded up...how do i know my apps are backed up...and will it uplaod and restore my apps if i get a new droid
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Nice! And it was asking for superuser permission aka the holy grail of rooting lol.

And titanium backs up your apps to your SD card. If you look on it you will see a titanium folder. So the app alone cant restore on another phone.

And to see if your apps are backed up: once in titanium click on the Backup/Restore tab up top, hit your menu button and then batch, right up top there is an option to "verify backups" click to run it and it will show you what is backed up. There is a sticky, in this section I believe, that is a user guide for titanium if you want to check out a little more on how to use it.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    if it backs it up to my sd card but not if i get a new phone what does that mean? means if this phone gets wiped this phone is good to go when i go to settings then manage apps????? thanks
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    What I meant was that the back up it generates is literally on your SD card. If you download titanium on another phone it will not be able to access the back up it made without the old SD card.

And not sure what you mean by if the phone gets wiped and you're good to go from manage apps. I need a little clarification on that.

Sent from my DROIDX on CM4DX
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    wiped as in when i went to bootstrapp and hit delete factory settings or something and clear cache and clear data...cause i went to download zip from sd card to download cm7...well the zip wasnt in the card so when i went to reboot my phone it was completly wiped and evewry thing was gone like when i got it brand new...no contacts no apps
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    If you performed the factory reset, which it sounds like you did all your apps and contacts would be gone. When you boot back up you should have the little green android guy that says click to start. You would need to log back into your google account and then it should resync your contacts and it will either start to download your apps for you or you will have to download them yourself. If you already used titanium to back them up then restore them that way.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    yea i just went back to bootstrapp and hit restore....golden bro!
  10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Good I was hoping that was the back up you had mentioned before. And as for CM7 you could always download it directly from their mirror network so you dont need to use ROM Manager or whatever you were trying to download it from.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links