[TUTORIAL] Unlock Sim Network on Samsung Galaxy Mini, Ace, Gio, Pop
Good news people. Yesterday i sucessfully unlocked my Galaxy Mini.
(It has been confirm that this method can unlock Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570, Ace S5830, Gio S5660 , Pop i559, 5 i5500, Fit S5670)
BEFORE CONTINUING THE STEPS I WILL SUGGEST TO THE PEOPLE THAT THEY SHOULD DO THIS ONLY IF THEIR PHONE IS UNDER WARRANTY. THE CHANCE ARE 70% UNLOCKED AND 30% BRICKED. BRICKED CAN BE CAUSE FROM ALREADY DAMAGED PARTITION IN THE INTERNAL MEMORY, UNLOKING YOUR PHONE IN RUSH HOUR AND NOT CONCENTRATING ON THE STEPS AND COMMANDS, BAD FLASHED PHONES, DIFERENT BRAND OF THE PHONE, LACK OF UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE (FOLLOWING PICTURES LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE).
I'M NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR INCORECT PROCEDURE DURING THE OPERATION FALLOW THE STEPS AS THIS WAS DONE ON A STOCK FIRMWARE FROYO 2.2.1 WITHOUTH ANY PREVIOUS FLASHES ON THE PHONE AND THE SIM CARD MUST BE INSERTED WITH THE RIGHT NETWORK UNLOCKED ON THE PHONE. READ CAREFULLY AND DON'T MISS A LINE. WHEN YOU SEE THE COMMAND "stl5" = (IN BIG LETTERS TO SEE IS STL5 AND NOT ST15). FOR MORE SECURE REASON BEFORE STARTING THE STEPS YOU NEED TO TURN OFF ANY KIND OF PROCESS IN TASK MANEGER IF SOME PROGRAM IS RUNING IN BACKROUND AND TURN OFF GPS, BLUETOOTH AND WIFI. NEVER INSTALL "ROM Manager" OR "SGS Toolbox" TO BACKUP YOUR EFS AS THIS APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR OUR PHONES IT WILL SIMPLY BRICK THEM. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK AND GOD SPEED!
IMPORTANT: NEVER USE THE METHOD OF DD "dd if=/dev/block/stl5 of=/sdcard/stl5.rfs" to copy stl5 file from root to SD card it seems that Samsung has protected that file and you will have bricked phone i guarantee that as it hapened with my old phone!
Now before starting with the SAFE METHOD please provide information about your phone so other people can see on witch network you unlock your phone and country. You can do this by typeing *#1234# on your phone call and on Settings > About phone. For example I'll provide mine.
My Network: T-Mobile
PDA : S5570XWKC8
PHONE : S5570XXKB1
1. Make shure you have installed the leatest drivers for your phone (USB drivers included inside and all necessary stuff to have correct connection your mobile with your PC) just download KIES from the official web site for Samsung mobiles (don't forget to restart PC after installation).
2. Make shure u have a ROOTED phone with SuperOneClick 2.1.1.
You can download it from here:
UNIVERSAL GINGERBREAD ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GT-S5570, GT-S5570B, GT-S5570I, GT-S5570L, GT-S5660, GT-S5660M, GT-S5660L, SHW-M290K (Korean GIO), GT-S5670, GT-S5670B, GT-S5670L, GT-S5830, GT-S5830B, GT-S5830C ,GT-S5830D, GT-S5830i, GT-S5830L, GT-S5830T, GT-B7510, GT-B7800, GT-B5510, GT-B5512, GT-S6102, GT-S5360, GT-S5360L, GT-S5360T, GT-S5363, GT-S5369, GT-S5690, GT-S5690L.
This is only for the people that they are using Gingerbread and can't root their phone with SuperOneClick. You can root your phone with universal_gb_root_v12.zip file for your phone model.
Question: How do I Root Gingerbread on my phone?
- First enable Unknown sources on your phone (Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources)
- Download the universal_gb_root_v12.zip file and put in your SD card.
* How do I transfer universal_gb_root_v12.zip on my SD card?
(You can tranfer the universal_gb_root_v12.zip to your phone via Wifi, Bluetooth, SD micro Adapter or USB cable. To transfer it via USB cable you need first to download KIESfrom the offical Samsung Web Site and after installing restart your PC so the USB drivers can be recognized properly.Enable USB debugging on your phone, Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. Plug in the USB cable and enable the connection on you mobile phone like the picture in the bottom. After couple of seconds your SD card will be showed on your PC like Removable disk. Copy universal_gb_root_v12.zip to your SD card.)
- After transferring your file on your phone disable the USB by pressing "Disconnect storage from PC" after that remove the USB cable and turn off your phone "Power off".
- Make shure you start the phone like this : Long press and hold the (Power Button) + (Home Button)
- After couple of seconds you will see your phone booting in recovery mode
- Move in the menu with the Volume - Volume + to scroll up and down and choose "apply update from sdcard" with the Home button and choose the universal_gb_root_v12.zip and press once again the Home button to apply it.
- You will see a message "Install form sdcard complete".
- Then press on the "reboot system now" and you are done.
Download link for Universal Gingerbread Root (by StoneBoyTony) :
What's new in this version:
- Superuser v3.1.3 (new)
- su binary v220.127.116.11
- BusyBox binary v1.21.1 (new)
NOTE: Never try to update the latest su binary v3.1.1 you will lose the root that's why the project was abandoned in July 2012. Stick to the package as it is you will be ok.
HOW CAN I UNROOT MY PHONE?
- First thing you need to remove all the applications that they are depended from root
- To UNROOT use the universal_gb_unroot_v12.zip and apply it the same way as for the rooting in Recovery mode
- After you apply universal_gb_unroot_v12.zip press on"wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--"next reboot your phone. (by doing this you will need to backup first all contacts, APN, applications e.t.c. becouse your phone will be in primary stage as you bought it from the mobile shop)
You can download the UNROOT from here:
*NOTE* - FOR ALREADY ROOTED PHONES
For those who already have root and want to update you need first uninstall all app that they are depended from root then apply in recovery mode the universal_gb_unroot_v12.zip and after that "wipe cache patition", "wipe data/factory reset... select Yes--delete all user--" next reboot your phone and enter again in recovery mode and apply the universal_gb_root_v12.zip
(by doing this you will need to backup first all contacts, APN, applications e.t.c. becouse your phone will be in primary stage as you bought it from the mobile shop)
3. When you download the SuperOneClick 2.1.1 extract everything in your C:\ root of your hard drive.--
4. After rooting your phone or already rooted download "Root Explorer 2.16.apk" and install it on your phone. After you install start Root Explorer you will be asked from SuperUser to give permission and press "Allow". Restart your phone and continue with the next steps.
5. Turn off: GPS,Wifi,Bluetooth and Data roaming. Enable: Airplane mode. Airplane mode you can set it by going on your phone on Settings > Wirless and Network > Flight mode and press to enable it. This will disable all wirless connections.
6. On your phone setup the "USB debugging on enable . You can do this by going on your phone under Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and make shure is checked on enable. Then connect your phone with the USB on the PC. (KIES program should not be runing just connect your mobile)
7. (I'm using XP SP3) Go to Start > Run. Type: cmd
8. It will appear like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Profile>_
9. Type: cd..
10. It will appear like this:
C:\Documents and Settings>_
11. Type again: cd..
12. It will appear like this:
13. Now we are in the root of our hard drive C:\ and we want to enter in the folder ADB that we copy all stuff from Super-one-click.
14. Type: cd adb
15. It will appear like this:
16. Type: adb shell
17. It will appear like this:
18. Then type: su
(First time is rolled this command on the phone make shure you have unlocked your screen becouse you will be asked to give permission on SuperUser privileges and you must click "Allow" and if is the first time you send this command on the phone after you press "Allow" turn off adb shell by typeing 2 times exit, close (cmd window), restart your phone and continue again from step "7." If again after step "7." for the second time you will be asked from SuperUser to give permission on the command "su" in that case you have nonfuctional root phone and you must quit the procedure for unlocking becouse you can brick your phone. But if for the second time after you type the command "su" and see a message on your phone screen "Unknown has been granted Superuser permissions" then you are ready to continue with this TUTORIAL.)
19. It will appear like this:
20. Type: cd /
21. It will appear like this:
# cd /
22. Now open your Root Explorer on your phone and make shure you press on the top is one button "Mount R/W" on the left on the screen will appear "Mounted as r/w"
23. Type: mkdir /efs
24. It will appear like this:
# cd /
# mkdir /efs
25. Type: mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
26. It will appear like this:
# cd /
# mkdir /efs
# mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
mount -o nosuid,ro,nodev -t vfat /dev/block/stl5 /efs
27. Type: cat /efs/mits/perso.txt
28. This command opens the file where the perso.txt 8-digit code required to unlock. You look well after him and note . There are a lot of nonsense written including many zeros, but among them is the code
(I marked the code and painted for security reason)
(Now you got your self the unlock code but you must finish the procedure in the next steps so you wont have a bricked phone exactly as it is)
29. After you read your code from the cmd just click one time Enter so you can go to a new line it will appear the sign #
30. Type: umount /efs
(If you don't type this command you will have a bricked phone!)
31: It will appear like this:
# umount /efs
32. Make shure that Root Explorer after this step "31." is in "Mounted as r/o"
33. Final command Type 2 times : exit
34. Remove USB cable (This is one of the problems that can cause bricking the phone on the next step, when USB is on and removing battery from the phone so don't forget to remove the USB before removing the battery)
35. Now Power off the phone (Power off through the power button hold it for 5 sec and choose "Power off"). Remove the battery, Remove your sim card and put other sim card that is locked to the network.
36. Power up the phone put your 8 - digit number and Walaaa "Sucessfully unlocked Network"http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/Smi...fault/grin.gif
REMEMBER ONCE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE NEVER REPEAT IT AGAIN TO DEMONSTRATE TO YOUR FRIEND OR ANYTHING SIMILAR IT CAN DAMAGE THE PARTITION OF YOUR PHONE THIS SHOULD BE DONE ONLY ONCE! THE UNLOCK IS PERMANENT EVEN YOU FLASH YOUR PHONE AFTERWARDS TO GINGERBREAD, CYANOGENMOD OR WHATEVER.