DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battling to get my Droid X to stock

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X

Unhappy Battling to get my Droid X to stock

I sold my friend my old Droid X and he doesn't want a custom ROM (he's not much of a tech guy). Well, it's been a seemingly never ending battle. At first, I was stuck in boot loop and when I went into bootloader it said that the battery was low and couldn't program, so I spliced a USB cable and got it to think it was charged so that I could use ezSBF. After some fiddling around, I finally got that working and now it boots up with the Motorola bootscreen.

Now, however, if I plug it into my computer it allows me to get into the bootloader where I wiped data, wiped cache, and did a reboot. After rebooting, it just goes to a battery screen that shows a question mark. I can't seem to do anything from there. While plugged into the computer, the green charge light does not come on.

If I plug it into the wall, the green charge light does come one... but I can't do ANYTHING. If I press the power button or anything else for that matter, it doesn't respond to anything.

If the device is unplugged, it's also unresponsive.

As someone who's rooted many phones before, I never thought reverting it back to stock would take me well over 8 hours of fiddling around and reading other forum posts.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Right now it seems like I'm just banging my head up against a wall

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X
    Uh, for some reason now if I plug it into the computer the green light comes on but it's also unresponsive.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I would try using the Linux sbf method in my signature. Seems like the phone is bricked.

Random ROM'd X
    -Brad
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yeah you have to sbf, your phone isn't BRICKED until it won't turn on. You can still fix it using sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X
    I'll see if I can get that to work.

This is what I used originally to get it to stock: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    Pretty sure the reason you are having problems is simply because you are trying to sbf with a battery with a low charge. Its recommended to at least have your battery at 80%. To be on the safe side whenever i have to sbf i make sure that my battery is at 100%. When you are in the process of doing an sbf even though you are connected to your computer your phone will not charge.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X
    Alright, I pulled the battery out for a few minutes and have plugged it into a "straight up" wall charger (not the type of wall charger that has a plug with USB input). I'm going to let it sit for a while and try back. I hope I haven't bricked this thing or else I'll be incredibly mad at myself.

I'll let you know whenever I figure something out.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordrew View Post
    Alright, I pulled the battery out for a few minutes and have plugged it into a "straight up" wall charger (not the type of wall charger that has a plug with USB input). I'm going to let it sit for a while and try back. I hope I haven't bricked this thing or else I'll be incredibly mad at myself.

I'll let you know whenever I figure something out.
    You definitely havent bricked it. As others have stated you wouldnt even get to the point where you are now. I had the same experience when i had my D2. Thought i bricked my phone as well. Went to the verizon store and told them the device wouldnt charge. They even hooked it up to their charges and computer. Once i got the replacement phone i put the battery in there and it actually showed the battery was at 0%. This was after the fact that the phone was completely off and being charged for 24 hours. The battery was completely discharged.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X
    So, I let it charge for three hours and it booted up. It then gave an error saying something like an invalid battery and to replace it. I then did *228 to activate the phone. After that, the phone turned off and now it won't turn on again. To me, it seems like if I replace the battery it should work better. Don't ya think?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ajtatum
    Phone
    Evo 4G, Droid X
    Since posting, I left it on the wall charger and it rebooted and I was able to navigate the phone. It again came up with an invalid battery error. The battery light was red. After a few minutes, the phone turned off and the battery light is back to green.

It's kinda strange that the phone would turn off even though it's still plugged in, isn't it? Or is that normal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links