DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

Help

Forgive me for not searching this amazingly large forum for my answer, I am on A school computer =)
    I rooted/updated my fascinate about 4 months ago.
    The exact specs are:
    Firmware: 2.21
    Baseband;i5000.04 V.EB01
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9
    Build: SCH-1500
    I was wondering:
    a). is it possible to update to 2.3 yet and if so can I from thid build?
    b). Does 2.3 contain Gingerbread, I was told I want Gingerbread
    c). is my current version Froyo? Is Froyo compatable with Gingerbread or are those 2 different os builds or something?
    I am looking for better battery life and great desktops. BT voice dialing as well. Is any of this possible?
    I have one more question, every since the update I did earlier my USB doesn't connect to my laptop correctly. Often not recognized, reinstalled driver a few times. Please help I am not due for a verizon upgrade for several months and kinda like this phone, coming from a ENV touch this was great.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

I have pc access till 8pm...please

27 viewssomeone knows. I know I am a n00b, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve help..please
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Froyo is 2.2 and all variations of 2.2 . If you are running 2.2.1 you are on a Froyo build. Gingerbread is 2.3, the most current build of gingerbread is 2.3.5 .

I would like to preface this with, I don't have the Fascinate so I am not at all familiar with it's ROM process so I am pretty useless here. In my search for Gingerbread ROMs, the instructions all seemed a little different per ROM, and there were warnings in stickies in the forums as well with instructions. I highly suggest you do some research prior to just diving into a ROM. Samsung Fascinate Forum and Samsung Fascinate - xda-developers and Mesmerize / Fascinate should help out.

(ROM)Biffmod Fascinate v1.3 - 2.3.5 AOSPish (8-14-2011) <-- that ROM is 2.3.5 based (which is the most current release for a phone).
    [ROM] MIUI FascinateMTD - xda-developers <--- MIUI is 2.3.4
    [NIGHTLY] [ROM][GRJ90] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Fascinate (fascinatemtd) <-- CM7 nightlies I assume would be 2.3.5

^ Those were just a few I saw, there were some others as well. In your research for how to install them, you can pick which ROM you are most interested in.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks alot! you have made my morning

Links