Here is a short story of what happened.
1) Rooted using z4root (worked)
2) Modified phone with Milestone Overclock and Root Tools by Jrummy (worked)
3) Using the Root Tools I changed the font, start up screen, and the words in the drop down menu from Verizon to Hello (worked)
4) Crashed after 7 months and went into endless reboot cycle.
5) Tried going the way of the update.zip file, but it failed to update.
6) Factory reset my phone and I still have the changes present from the Root Tools and I cannot reroot my phone (DX) and it is laggy and crashes a lot.
Any advice on how to return my phone to fresh-out-of-the-box condition? I am trying to reroot it right now and change the changes that I made with Root Tools. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.