DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I forever messed up my phone...Please Help LOL

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

I think I forever messed up my phone...Please Help LOL

Well I am a newbie to rooting but I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt and everything went compeletely perfect. After loving Das BAMF 3.0 I decided to Un-Root my phone because the battery (for me anyways) seemed to drain quicker than stock. So I Un-Rooted my phone using this file [ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release. I placed the Zip on the root of my SD card and renamed the file to just PG05IMG.zip and then shutdown the phone and booted into Hboot. Followed the instructions throughout Hboot and everything went fine...I thought!! The phone seemed like it was back to stock and it was but I am unable to install any apps from the market or install software updates OTA. I don't get 3G speed anymore only 1X. Something terrible has happened and I don't know how to fix it. I cleared the market data/cash and nothing. It says downloading but then never installs anything. Same thing when for software updating. It says checking for update then just disappears. So then I went on youtube and followed this guide on how to unroot your thunderbolt. I push the adb's everything goes fine until I get to where you type in su for superuser. Superuser is not installed on my phone anymore though!! I tried restoring the phone to factory in setup on the phone itself that also does not fix this. I have no idea what to do now and I have been trying to solve this for 2 days LOL, if anyone is out there can you please help me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I will be sitting here at my computer waiting for any replies, Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by jmm5351; 07-08-2011 at 07:14 PM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    wow what a helpful forum this is
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Bump

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D4
    Factory rest time. Or download the stock firmware to your poc and reload that.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by mack19318 View Post
    Factory rest time. Or download the stock firmware to your poc and reload that.

I said that I already did reloaded the stock firmware in my original post and it didn't work. I even rooted and then reloaded stock three times over because the problem never went away and I just wanted to be sure it was not the rooting process that screwed up or something. The rooting and un-rooting process went flawless each time so I have no idea why my phone is messing up like this. I already tried factory resetting the phone several times and nothing still. I pulled the SD card out a few times and nothing. I pulled out the SIM card a few times and nothing. I pulled the Battery out a few times and nothing. I threw it against the wall a couple times and nothing. I don't know maybe I should try throwing it against a different material wall next time and that may fix it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Sbf flash best I can say

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    never even knew you could un root when on a custom Rom I'm not even sure is that's possible that might be what messed you up. My man you should have made a nandroid backup before doing anything, that is almost always the best solution. You probably need to flash the stock sbf file

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    never even knew you could un root when on a custom Rom I'm not even sure is that's possible that might be what messed you up. My man you should have made a nandroid backup before doing anything, that is almost always the best solution. You probably need to flash the stock sbf file

I did already flash to the stock sdf file three times now. I said this. Everyone keeps telling me this but I already explained I did this twice. I appreciate people trying to help me but please please don't tell me to do something I already did.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Idk about HTC but I'm pretty sure there's a computer program tht u have to use to sbf flash. U can't do it on ur phone. If u did tht then I have no idea.

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by lfylove View Post
    Idk about HTC but I'm pretty sure there's a computer program tht u have to use to sbf flash. U can't do it on ur phone. If u did tht then I have no idea.

There is a video in my first post showing you how I did it. I used the computer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links