DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Classic Notes - Testers wanted

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
    BTW, anyone got any interesting ideas for things I can add in extras?
    I'm still having this issue.

I scroll down through the list of themes. I click on a link for theme, that link takes me to a post at XDA for the theme. I end up not liking or wanting the theme so I press the back button to go back to the app. The app is back at the top of the list and I have to reselect my filters. Uninstalling and reinstalling had no effect. Running "fix permissions" did nothing as well. Not sure what's going on with it, other than that this is a top notch kind of app. Love the addition of multiple filters and all the other little "easter eggs" for it. This app is like an entire OS in just an app. Just that one issue and nothing else and that is definitely not a deal breaker.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    I'm still having this issue.

I scroll down through the list of themes. I click on a link for theme, that link takes me to a post at XDA for the theme. I end up not liking or wanting the theme so I press the back button to go back to the app. The app is back at the top of the list and I have to reselect my filters. Uninstalling and reinstalling had no effect. Running "fix permissions" did nothing as well. Not sure what's going on with it, other than that this is a top notch kind of app. Love the addition of multiple filters and all the other little "easter eggs" for it. This app is like an entire OS in just an app. Just that one issue and nothing else and that is definitely not a deal breaker.
    Hi, what do you mean by theme?
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    To me it sounds like they posted in the wrong thread somehow. It sounds like the app in question is designed to look for and download themes. I would worry about it.

I am still using your note app from way back when I first posted in here. Lots of updates but that doesnt bother me. It works very well and I will continue to use it. I dont have any suggestions as I see you have posted asking what else you could add, it currently does everything I need it to.

Thank you for your work on this, definitely one of my more regularly used apps
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Chevy01's SS 5.4* blue theme.
    Anyone care to give my app a try? Here is the market link:

https://market.android.com/details?i...result

Tell me what you think, suggestions, problems etc

Thread title doesn't mention "lite" and application name doesn't mention "Classic" as thread title. So look for Notes Lite if you install from the OP's market link, not Classic Notes. With that said

So this is Classic Notes but it's a "lite" version with the added benefit of not being lighter? Unless features are missing compared to the paid version, which I couldn't find, it's misleading. It's Notes Heavier with the addition of ads.

So I have a weird suggestion, because it won't add much functionality, but I'd like to see an "about" section added =).

I couldn't find an "about" section to see what version of the app among other info. Sure you don't need one.. but I think it's very useful and adds a professional touch, especially for paid applications and I noticed you have a paid version.

Also another possibly silly suggestion is to include the app name somewhere - anywhere - within the app. A title bar, splash load screen, or maybe in the new About section. Again it's not necessary but... why not? If one can find the app name or at least the developer name it is easier to suggest to friends and family - potentially more customers of the paid version?

I think it's fine that you want me to email you for support. But I dislike that support is a direct link to open up a new email within my Gmail application. Now call me picky-I know I am- but I like to know when my app is going to open another one of my apps or close the current one. I guess I would be afraid of losing an unsaved note at the worst, but a warning that I'm leaving the application is suggested so I'm not blindly opening apps I NEVER intended to open.

The feature I'm looking for is Share, like if you share a pic in gallery you get to choose which app to share to. Share a page in browser let's me choose between multiple applications.

By not force opening Gmail (which isn't my default email) I have a choice in method of delivery, for example I like other email apps, I use Yahoo mail application too. And prefer the browser version of Gmail anyway.

I think you have a great, professional looking, very SOLID application with minor improvements to make.

Classic Notes
    Notes Lite

SwiftKeyed ' from my Moto A855 using Tapatalk. ;].
    — • — • — • — • — • — • — • —
    Yeah I said SwiftKey... temporarily bored of Swype.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
    So if you're interested, ask me about my Dropbox referral link.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Lol wrong thread sorry!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    To me it sounds like they posted in the wrong thread somehow. It sounds like the app in question is designed to look for and download themes. I would worry about it.

I am still using your note app from way back when I first posted in here. Lots of updates but that doesnt bother me. It works very well and I will continue to use it. I dont have any suggestions as I see you have posted asking what else you could add, it currently does everything I need it to.

Thank you for your work on this, definitely one of my more regularly used apps
    Awesome, glad you like it!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe View Post
    Thread title doesn't mention "lite" and application name doesn't mention "Classic" as thread title. So look for Notes Lite if you install from the OP's market link, not Classic Notes. With that said

So this is Classic Notes but it's a "lite" version with the added benefit of not being lighter? Unless features are missing compared to the paid version, which I couldn't find, it's misleading. It's Notes Heavier with the addition of ads.

So I have a weird suggestion, because it won't add much functionality, but I'd like to see an "about" section added =).

I couldn't find an "about" section to see what version of the app among other info. Sure you don't need one.. but I think it's very useful and adds a professional touch, especially for paid applications and I noticed you have a paid version.

Also another possibly silly suggestion is to include the app name somewhere - anywhere - within the app. A title bar, splash load screen, or maybe in the new About section. Again it's not necessary but... why not? If one can find the app name or at least the developer name it is easier to suggest to friends and family - potentially more customers of the paid version?

I think it's fine that you want me to email you for support. But I dislike that support is a direct link to open up a new email within my Gmail application. Now call me picky-I know I am- but I like to know when my app is going to open another one of my apps or close the current one. I guess I would be afraid of losing an unsaved note at the worst, but a warning that I'm leaving the application is suggested so I'm not blindly opening apps I NEVER intended to open.

The feature I'm looking for is Share, like if you share a pic in gallery you get to choose which app to share to. Share a page in browser let's me choose between multiple applications.

By not force opening Gmail (which isn't my default email) I have a choice in method of delivery, for example I like other email apps, I use Yahoo mail application too. And prefer the browser version of Gmail anyway.

I think you have a great, professional looking, very SOLID application with minor improvements to make.

Classic Notes
    Notes Lite

SwiftKeyed ' from my Moto A855 using Tapatalk. ;].
    — • — • — • — • — • — • — • —
    Yeah I said SwiftKey... temporarily bored of Swype.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into an about screen and more support options
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    A review has been posted by techzek.com. Here is the review if anyone wants to check it out: Android App - Classic Notes Review - Features, Ease of Use | Techzek
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    Updated:
    * Tweaks
    * Extras> Whois lookup
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GS
    BTW, what does everyone think about the default font size. Is it too small or ok?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links