DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: From stock 2.0.1 >to> Sholes.info ROM..STEP BY STEP..NO ADB involved. NOOB CHALLENGE!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Asleep View Post
    FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Had to merge the newly created file to the old file that you save.If you dont,you will have 2 of the same files but the new one wont work,and thats why you have to merge them.

Nice! Now fix mine! :P

lol
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    NM, got past my issue. I think I'm almost done.

Well, after reboot, back to the original image...

edited again:
    Ok, I never get step 54, it just starts installing the image..

Still stuck on this, anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by phreek; 02-03-2010 at 06:46 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    *** please help in the middle of rooting and have issue ***

I'm pretty sure I know what I did. In step 51 your are to install the sholes_info file. Earlier stated in the directions it said to make sure it was named correctly. I assumed this hadn't been updated to accommodate for the latest sholes files available and disregarded the note.

Now it does the following;

install-->Choose ROM from SD card-->E:No tar archives found

how do I make it recognize that my sholes file is named 'sholes_info-1.1.rom.tgz'

Any guidance will be appreciated, I don't want to reboot and cause an issue with the phone. Although I'm pretty sure I'm okay because backups are in place. I would just have to wrap my head around the idea for a second.
    “When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear"

-- Mark Twain

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    **edit**

was able to load the .rom file (forgot to unzip)okay i'm wrong it doesn't appear to be the file. i was able to mount to my computer and verify i have a sholes....rom.tgz file on the sdcard. a .tar file is just another 'zip' type file if i'm not mistaken and so is a .tgz. any idea why i'm not able to install???

again i realize no one may be on here now but if you are i'm in the middle of this as we speak lol
    Last edited by BoxcuttaStyle; 02-03-2010 at 10:24 PM.

-- Mark Twain

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxcuttaStyle View Post
    **edit**

was able to load the .rom file (forgot to unzip)okay i'm wrong it doesn't appear to be the file. i was able to mount to my computer and verify i have a sholes....rom.tgz file on the sdcard. a .tar file is just another 'zip' type file if i'm not mistaken and so is a .tgz. any idea why i'm not able to install???

again i realize no one may be on here now but if you are i'm in the middle of this as we speak lol

Not sure what you're doing wrong. My earlier error was just accidentally skipping a line of stuff. If you get past me (#54) let me know what you did!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    Alright here's the update. I was able to install by mounting to my computer via SPR and copying over this file;

sholes_info-1.0.1.rom

I'm curious if the instructions were incorrect by not having me extract to the .rom file instead of copying the .rom.tgz file? Might be something to look at. Moving on.

It then allowed me to install the .rom file. Where I am confused is the next steps didn't happen for me. e.g. step 54, I was never asked 'no keep /data' nor did I reach a features stage.

Is this because I used a more recent .rom from sholes?

I have rebooted the phone and I still have SU controls but I am unsure of where I stand otherwise. Hope this makes sense.

Again, any input will be appreciated.

-- Mark Twain

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Alright here's the update. I was able to install by mounting to my computer via SPR and copying over this file;

sholes_info-1.0.1.rom

I'm curious if the instructions were incorrect by not having me extract to the .rom file instead of copying the .rom.tgz file? Might be something to look at. Moving on.

It then allowed me to install the .rom file. Where I am confused is the next steps didn't happen for me. e.g. step 54, I was never asked 'no keep /data' nor did I reach a features stage.

Is this because I used a more recent .rom from sholes?

I have rebooted the phone and I still have SU controls but I am unsure of where I stand otherwise. Hope this makes sense.

Again, any input will be appreciated.

I dunno man, I used the ROM that was linked on this thread and I never got the option to keep data or a features list either. That's why I'm still stuck.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    Well I was able to do a reboot at that stage and the phone worked fine. I don't believe everything had installed correctly. So I used the 'easiest to return to stock' thread and backed everything out. It worked perfectly. So I will be trying the process again but with Bugless or the new Sholesmod 2.0.0 B¡tchin' Bægel!

We'll see how things go. I think I understand the SPR console pretty well at this point. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this and wipe all data prior I would appreciate it. I feel that I should start 'fresh' on this one.

btw- thanks to Matt3thw for your help yesterday.

-- Mark Twain

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Well I was able to do a reboot at that stage and the phone worked fine. I don't believe everything had installed correctly. So I used the 'easiest to return to stock' thread and backed everything out. It worked perfectly. So I will be trying the process again but with Bugless or the new Sholesmod 2.0.0 B¡tchin' Bægel!

We'll see how things go. I think I understand the SPR console pretty well at this point. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this and wipe all data prior I would appreciate it. I feel that I should start 'fresh' on this one.

btw- thanks to Matt3thw for your help yesterday.
    Try Matth3w's modified version of my thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...lator-zip.html
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Ya, I think I'm gonna roll back and try that one. I did like this walkthrough though, it was very n00b friendly, too bad it got wonky at the end. :/
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Links