DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 304

Thread: From stock 2.0.1 >to> Sholes.info ROM..STEP BY STEP..NO ADB involved. NOOB CHALLENGE!

  1. Droid
    lockdownx1x's Avatar
    Member #
    20457
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    56
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    EDIT: Was Stupid...
    Last edited by lockdownx1x; 01-31-2010 at 08:22 PM.
  2. Droid
    jonbar87's Avatar
    Member #
    15298
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stationed in Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    sholes image recovery won't download for me...

    http://sp.sholes.info/flash_image

    I've tried downloading this a couple times in the past few months and always get the same error... "Oops! this link appears to be broken." Grrr
  3. Senior Droid
    ZeRo_C0oL's Avatar
    Member #
    301
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    219
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I give up. I'm frustrated. I've installed a total of 8 times now, and had no luck. Everything is fine until I get done and try to reboot the phone, at which point it just hangs between the eyeball and the "Droid" text. I don't understand why it won't boot, but I give up on it. It's not worth the hassle.
    New Android Developer

    Loving my Motorola Droid!
  4. Droid
    lockdownx1x's Avatar
    Member #
    20457
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    56
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    sholes image recovery won't download for me...

    http://sp.sholes.info/flash_image

    I've tried downloading this a couple times in the past few months and always get the same error... "Oops! this link appears to be broken." Grrr
    http://cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip

    There you go
  5. Droid
    jonbar87's Avatar
    Member #
    15298
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stationed in Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdownx1x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
    sholes image recovery won't download for me...

    http://sp.sholes.info/flash_image

    I've tried downloading this a couple times in the past few months and always get the same error... "Oops! this link appears to be broken." Grrr
    http://cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip

    There you go
    awesome. thanks so much
  6. Junior Droid
    Badget's Avatar
    Member #
    33395
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid
    Complete noob here, first post ect.. I followed the steps no probs, except the ROM linked in the thread, the link didn't work (I figured you could just go find any rom)

    So I did!

    I put AllDroid - View topic - [ROM .tgz] 2.0.1 Sholes.info Edition 1.2 (UPDATED: 01/25/10) on my SD Card and got to:

    52. Choose 'Choose ROM from SD card'.

    It gave me a "no tar files found", or something like that..restarted the phone and it's fine, but would really like to continue this, any help appreciated.

    p.s. I love this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-run-like.html - I'd love to get it like this or any other suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by Badget; 02-01-2010 at 07:15 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    MrTommy's Avatar
    Member #
    9449
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

    Way Cool!

    What we need is a store we can walk into, hand the genius our phones (along with, say, $50), stand around sucking on a Starbucks for a while, and getting our phones back, running like raped apes. I don't have the skill, time, or patience for doing this myself. But, it sure looks like the phone I'D love to have!

    After reading through this string, it sounds for sure like the Droid was designed to run faster than they do "out of the box", literally. Dang......
    Last edited by MrTommy; 02-01-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  8. Jer
    Jer is offline
    Master Droid
    Jer's Avatar
    Member #
    7757
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    551
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    What we need is a store we can walk into, hand the genius our phones (along with, say, $50), stand around sucking on a Starbucks for a while, and getting our phones back, running like raped apes. I don't have the skill, time, or patience for doing this myself. But, it sure looks like the phone I'D love to have!

    After reading through this string, it sounds for sure like the Droid was designed to run faster than they do "out of the box", literally. Dang......
    Tell you what, send me your phone with a $40 check and return postage (should run you about $50 total with shipping) and I'll do it for you.
  9. Droid
    jim_stem's Avatar
    Member #
    30497
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    DROID
    Ok, total n00b here. Wanna sya up front, THANK YOU. Even though I dont have this working yet, I do have a WAY better understanding of the process.

    Question. Im trying to install the sholes 1.2 with this instruction set. When I get to 54, like others Im not asked to select any features. Ive tried renaming the file to sholes_info-1.0.1.rom.tgz with no success. Still hanging up on 54. Any suggestions or doesn anyone know which step(s) need to be modified to get 1.2 on my phone?

    Thanks ion advance!
  10. Junior Droid
    Badget's Avatar
    Member #
    33395
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_stem View Post
    Ok, total n00b here. Wanna sya up front, THANK YOU. Even though I dont have this working yet, I do have a WAY better understanding of the process.

    Question. Im trying to install the sholes 1.2 with this instruction set. When I get to 54, like others Im not asked to select any features. Ive tried renaming the file to sholes_info-1.0.1.rom.tgz with no success. Still hanging up on 54. Any suggestions or doesn anyone know which step(s) need to be modified to get 1.2 on my phone?

    Thanks ion advance!
    I'm still stuck at
    52. Choose 'Choose ROM from SD card'.
    Doesn't find the file, guess I'll rename it to 1.0.1 instead of the 2.. but doubt that would change anything..
    Edit; changing the file name didn't help.. it still says "E:No tar archives found"
    Last edited by Badget; 02-01-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. step by step to making betterkeyboard my default keyboard
    By richz in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 08:23 PM
  2. [ROM .tgz] 2.0.1 Sholes.info Edition 1.2 (UPDATED 01/25/10)
    By Berzerker in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 532
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:44 AM
  3. any1 got a Step by Step for GBA emulator?
    By richz in forum Android Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 11:28 PM
  4. Any1 can give me a step by step to custom boot animation
    By richz in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM

Search tags for this page

adb copy rom
,
failed on /system/recovery-from-boot.p - no such file or dir
,
shole.info
,
sholes info
,
sholes info-1.0.1.rom.tgz
,
sholes recovery image
,

sholes.info

,
sholes.info rom
,
sprecovery .sbf optimus one
,
www.sholes.info
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+