DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: From stock 2.0.1 >to> Sholes.info ROM..STEP BY STEP..NO ADB involved. NOOB CHALLENGE!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    In step 16 it's not telling me how many bites are going in and out? Can I still proceed without seeing this? I don't want to go through all the steps only to find out it doesn't work...

I've rooted with this tutorial before and everything worked perfectly...Don't know why it's hanging up like this now

2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I keep getting ERROR: install exited with status 14

Help please.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey cplus. First off thanks for the amazing guide. I went through the entire thing with only one minor problem. I downloaded the latest 1.1 rom and when I went to install it, I was not given any of the application choices to install. I have already started over at question 27 but it still didn't give them to me. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Well I think I've worked up the nerve to root my droid.....gonna try it this weekend. Keepin my finger crossed all goes well
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Well I think I've worked up the nerve to root my droid.....gonna try it this weekend. Keepin my finger crossed all goes well
    I finally got the nerve and followed this guide last night. Worked like a charm, in fact, it was too easy(imo). I would like to note just like the author said to check sholes.info for the latest rom. In the guide he says to use 1.0.1 but the most recent one on their website is 1.1.

Also, on a side note, when viewing my 'About Phone', firmware version is at 2.0.1. Is this what is supposed to be listed? Sorry, this was my first attempt at rooting and I wasn't able to find anything along those lines in this thread.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by myDownfall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    I finally got the nerve and followed this guide last night. Worked like a charm, in fact, it was too easy(imo). I would like to note just like the author said to check sholes.info for the latest rom. In the guide he says to use 1.0.1 but the most recent one on their website is 1.1.

Also, on a side note, when viewing my 'About Phone', firmware version is at 2.0.1. Is this what is supposed to be listed? Sorry, this was my first attempt at rooting and I wasn't able to find anything along those lines in this thread.
    Yes. 2.0.1 is the base firmware that you are running. It's just modified now with all the great stuff from the sholes rom.. Don't forget, now that you have sprecovery you can flash nearly any rom. Always make a backup first though!! I'm really lovin Pete's BB rom. Enjoy!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey guys. So I just tried to install the 1.0.1 version of the rom, and I still didn't get any options at the end. I'll try to upgrade when I get home, but I have my doubts that it will work.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by cplus View Post
    Yes. 2.0.1 is the base firmware that you are running. It's just modified now with all the great stuff from the sholes rom.. Don't forget, now that you have sprecovery you can flash nearly any rom. Always make a backup first though!! I'm really lovin Pete's BB rom. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the info. I'm sure this isn't the right place to go but I was going to attempt to install the Bugless Beauty rom here at work...but I'm confused as to what to do? The files downloaded didn't come in as a .tgz so I don't want to just stick them on my root. Looks like I have some research to do.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROM'd DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by myDownfall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cplus View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm sure this isn't the right place to go but I was going to attempt to install the Bugless Beauty rom here at work...but I'm confused as to what to do? The files downloaded didn't come in as a .tgz so I don't want to just stick them on my root. Looks like I have some research to do.
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beauty [Stable] V0.8.3 (1/26/10)
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I'm such a fool. I read over that a few times but kept skipping over that section for some reason. Perhaps it was due to the steps not being numbered. Thanks again.
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Links