Battery issues have been a big concern with most android phone owners who like to flash new roms. Sometimes, they find out that their battery seems to have dropped very quickly, sometimes even skipping percentages. A common example is leaving your phone at 50%, then coming back to it 10 minutes later to find it at 20%!
This tutorial will teach you NOT ONLY how to wipe battery stats, but make sure battery issues do not occur after flashing new ROMS. Lets hit up some facts really quick.
True or False - Wiping battery stats is a long and tedious process.
True and false! There are two methods. The standard wipe and wait, or a new method found by Zeppelinrox. I have not tested his method yet, but you can feel free to try.
So lets start the tutorial!
Ok, your battery stats have been wiped. However, the procedure isn't over yet. So have your battery stats "calibrated" correctly, you need to use it normally untill it is at 5%, then plug it in to charge WITHOUT USING IT! The guidlines to follow until the battery reaches 5% are :
- CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO 100 PERCENT, THIS IS CRUCIAL!
- Wipe your battery stats :P (go to the next step)
- To wipe your battery stats, boot into clockword recovery OR Raidzero recovery. Either one can wipe battery stats.
- Reboot into recovery either by the shutdown menu (if your rom supports it) or by holding down the x (on your physical keyboard) and the power button until you see the recovery.
- If you have Raidzero recovery, go to step 6. If you have Clockwork recovery, go to step 9.
- RZ PROCEDURE: go to "wipe options"
select "wipe battery stats"
- Go to step 10
- CLOCKWORK PROCEDURE: Go to "advanced"
- Select "wipe battery stats"
- reboot your phone. As soon as the screen goes black after you select "reboot", unplug your phone from the wall!
Now that your battery is at 5%, or you just want to know the whole tutorial before wiping your battery stats, its time to charge the phone. The guidelines for the final step is this:
- Do not reboot your phone
- Do not shut off your phone
- Do not attempt to drain your battery to get the procedure over with
I am fairly positive that this is the biggest step that users mess up on, and then they believe its the rom's fault for battery percent skips!
- DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE AT ALL UNTILL IT IS FULLY CHARGED!
If you want to know whether your phone is fully charged or not, just look to see if a light is on where your phone is plugged into. If it is on, it is still charging.
Next, I am going to cover the biggest problem users make when installing a new rom. Its quite simple to explain actually. THEY REBOOT THEIR PHONE!
When you wipe your phone, the battery stats get wiped as well! It is just like wiping battery stats! To avoid all battery issues, follow this easy tutorial!
And thats really all! But you have to do the full procedure every time you wipe data/cache!!!
- Use your phone until it is at 5%
- Plug in your phone to charge and DON'T USE IT!
On a side note, I don't like the way this tutorial looks... I may revise it on my own time later...