DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1167
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS!

  1. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Get a root file manager like root explorer or es explorer with the root options on and go to /data on the phone and look for local.prop...it should have the minfree settings saved in it...as for running at boot it tells how to in the original post

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

    Here: Most Custom ROMs- If you have a /system/etc/init.d folder, it creates 99SuperCharge in there and edits /data/local.prop (20 entries added for adjusting priorities and groupings). You shouldn't need to configure anything else.

    - stock ROMs- If you have neither, it creates /data/99SuperCharger.sh which you can load up on boot (run as root) with Script Manager. The OOM groupings work as well since it happens on boot in local.prop (20 entries added)
    Last edited by metalspring; 06-02-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  2. Droid
    Badger1313's Avatar
    Member #
    94737
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid + Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Get a root file manager like root explorer or es explorer with the root options on and go to /data on the phone and look for local.prop...it should have the minfree settings saved in it...as for running at boot it tells how to in the original post

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

    Here: Most Custom ROMs- If you have a /system/etc/init.d folder, it creates 99SuperCharge in there and edits /data/local.prop (20 entries added for adjusting priorities and groupings). You shouldn't need to configure anything else.

    - stock ROMs- If you have neither, it creates /data/99SuperCharger.sh which you can load up on boot (run as root) with Script Manager. The OOM groupings work as well since it happens on boot in local.prop (20 entries added)

    My /data is empty. I've used several apps to view it. For whatever reason, V6 Supercharger does not create 99Supercharger during its run. Anyone got other ideas? Please help.
  3. Master Droid
    zeppelinrox's Avatar
    Member #
    161034
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    SuperCharged Milestone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    When look at sysctrl tweaks awhile ago I did come across the imoseyon stuff.
    I think I was looking into what jrummy's sysctrl app does.

    Anyway, imoseyon sysctrl settings are:

    Code:
    vm.dirty_ratio = 90
    vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70
    vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5
    vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1
    vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096
    My kernel tweaking init.d file:

    Code:
    sysctl -p
    #
    #Disable normalized sleeper
    #
    mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
    echo NO_NORMALIZED_SLEEPER > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
    #
    #  Memory management
    #
    /system/xbin/echo 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
    /system/xbin/echo 64000 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
    /system/xbin/echo 268435456 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
    /system/xbin/echo 500 512000 64 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
    /system/xbin/echo 24319 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='4096 87380 404480'
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='4096 16384 404480'
    echo "60" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    echo "95" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
    echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic_on_oops=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_latency_ns=100000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=200000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_compat_yield=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.threads-max=5000
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    
    # Tweak cfq io scheduler
    for i in $(ls -1 /sys/block/stl*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/mmc*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/bml*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/tfsr*)
    do echo "0" > $i/queue/rotational
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/low_latency
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty
    echo "1000000000" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_max
    echo "3" > $i/queue/iosched/slice_idle
    done
    
    # Remount all partitions with noatime
    for k in $(busybox mount | grep relatime | cut -d " " -f3)
    do
    sync
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime $k
    done
    Basically I fiddled with tweaks that I've come across but most of it comes from the open recovery I use and tweaked
    Blazing Fast Milestone Powered by my V6 SuperCharger Script

    If you're a SuperCharger too, consider clicking the button
  4. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
    When look at sysctrl tweaks awhile ago I did come across the imoseyon stuff.
    I think I was looking into what jrummy's sysctrl app does.

    Anyway, imoseyon sysctrl settings are:

    Code:
    vm.dirty_ratio = 90
    vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70
    vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5
    vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1
    vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096
    My kernel tweaking init.d file:

    Code:
    sysctl -p
    #
    #Disable normalized sleeper
    #
    mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
    echo NO_NORMALIZED_SLEEPER > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
    #
    #  Memory management
    #
    /system/xbin/echo 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
    /system/xbin/echo 64000 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
    /system/xbin/echo 268435456 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
    /system/xbin/echo 500 512000 64 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
    /system/xbin/echo 24319 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='4096 87380 404480'
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='4096 16384 404480'
    echo "60" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    echo "95" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
    echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic_on_oops=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_latency_ns=100000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=200000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_compat_yield=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.threads-max=5000
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    
    # Tweak cfq io scheduler
    for i in $(ls -1 /sys/block/stl*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/mmc*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/bml*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/tfsr*)
    do echo "0" > $i/queue/rotational
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/low_latency
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty
    echo "1000000000" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_max
    echo "3" > $i/queue/iosched/slice_idle
    done
    
    # Remount all partitions with noatime
    for k in $(busybox mount | grep relatime | cut -d " " -f3)
    do
    sync
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime $k
    done
    Basically I fiddled with tweaks that I've come across but most of it comes from the open recovery I use and tweaked
    Hmm, I gonna try those out now with the edit Chevy already has in simply stunning, the sdcard read ahead setting

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  5. Droid
    Badger1313's Avatar
    Member #
    94737
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid + Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
    When look at sysctrl tweaks awhile ago I did come across the imoseyon stuff.
    I think I was looking into what jrummy's sysctrl app does.

    Anyway, imoseyon sysctrl settings are:

    Code:
    vm.dirty_ratio = 90
    vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70
    vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 5
    vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1
    vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096
    My kernel tweaking init.d file:

    Code:
    sysctl -p
    #
    #Disable normalized sleeper
    #
    mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
    echo NO_NORMALIZED_SLEEPER > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
    #
    #  Memory management
    #
    /system/xbin/echo 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
    /system/xbin/echo 64000 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
    /system/xbin/echo 268435456 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
    /system/xbin/echo 500 512000 64 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
    /system/xbin/echo 24319 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_features
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=524288
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='4096 87380 404480'
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='4096 16384 404480'
    echo "60" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    echo "95" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    echo "300" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/oom_kill_allocating_task
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
    echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic_on_oops=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.panic=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_latency_ns=100000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=200000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_compat_yield=1
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0
    /system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.threads-max=5000
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
     
    # Tweak cfq io scheduler
    for i in $(ls -1 /sys/block/stl*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/mmc*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/bml*) $(ls -1 /sys/block/tfsr*)
    do echo "0" > $i/queue/rotational
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/low_latency
    echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty
    echo "1000000000" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_max
    echo "3" > $i/queue/iosched/slice_idle
    done
     
    # Remount all partitions with noatime
    for k in $(busybox mount | grep relatime | cut -d " " -f3)
    do
    sync
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime $k
    done
    Basically I fiddled with tweaks that I've come across but most of it comes from the open recovery I use and tweaked
    My thanks to zepplinrox for your reply. Unfortunately, this is greek to me and I would have a clue as to how to install this or use it. Why does something that is claimed to be so simple, turn out to be so hard?
  6. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Easiest way to put those kernel tweaks in...go to /etc/init.d with a root file explorer
    If you don't have an init.d folder idk what to tell ya
    However if you do have that folder-
    if there is already a file that says sysctl then change its permissions to rwxr-x-rw (just check off read and write under others) and copy/paste that stuff in, save and uncheck read and write under others in the permissions (should look like rwxr-x---)
    If you don't have a sysctl file there, use script manager to make a file called 01sysctl and copy paste that stuff under line that script manager already has there, save and copy that file to init.d and set its permissions to rwxr-x---

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by metalspring; 06-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  7. Senior Droid
    Dilligaf's Avatar
    Member #
    13174
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    133
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    OK, can't get the script to run properly. I'm on an OG Droid, running MetickOne's rooted stock 2.2.2 ROM with Chevy's 1.1 ulv kernel.

    I get results similar to the log on page 22 of this thread, with additional error messages stating that awk and pidof can't be found.

    I'm on a fairly recent busybox update so assumed that was the problem. However, tried moving the script to /system/xbin and executing it as root via Terminal Emulator - no change. There is also no log file present, nor is there a "99Super_Charger" script anywhere.

    I ran it as root through Script Manager, and also in Terminal Emulator, so there shouldn't be permissions issues...(?)

    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Thanks!
    Galaxy Nexus: CyanogenMod 9-rc0 with Franco's Milestone 4 kernel @ 1.344 GHz
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
  8. Droid
    Badger1313's Avatar
    Member #
    94737
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid + Bionic

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Easiest way to put those kernel tweaks in...go to /etc/init.d with a root file explorer
    If you don't have an init.d folder idk what to tell ya
    However if you do have that folder-
    if there is already a file that says sysctl then change its permissions to rwxr-x-rw (just check off read and write under others) and copy/paste that stuff in, save and uncheck read and write under others in the permissions (should look like rwxr-x---)
    If you don't have a sysctl file there, use script manager to make a file called 01sysctl and copy paste that stuff under line that script manager already has there, save and copy that file to init.d and set its permissions to rwxr-x---

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My D1 is using GPA15 and petes 1.00Ghz V1.0 LV kernel plus Set CPU. I have the following folders in my phone root
    /acct (has /uid which has 7 files plus a bunch o folders
    /cache (empty at the moment)
    /config (with 3 files)
    /d (empty)
    /data (empty)
    /dev (has 10 folders and a bunch of files)
    /mnt (has 4 folders)
    /root (empty)
    /sbin ( has 2 flders)
    /sdcard (has many files and folders)
    /sys (has 11 folders)
    /system (has 10 folders and one file)
    -----Plus the following files-----
    default.prop
    init
    init.rc
    init.sholes.rc
    ueventd.rc
    vendor

    I searched the phone with ES File Explorer and I cannot find the files you refer to. I get the same results using Adao File Manager. Could this be somehting unique to Peter Alphonso's GPA15 ROM?
  9. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    On es file explorer go to settings and at the bottom it'll say root options hit that then check both boxes (the first will bring up a popup just hit either one, it doesn't matter)
    Then look again

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

    Btw I'd highly suggest getting root explorer, you have to pay for it from the market but it's worth it...I'd say you can find it free somewhere but...I can't tell you how or where, its not allowed in these forums
    Last edited by metalspring; 06-03-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  10. Master Droid
    zeppelinrox's Avatar
    Member #
    161034
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    512
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    SuperCharged Milestone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    The full path is /system/etc/init.d

    Quote Originally Posted by ne0lyfeism View Post
    I've given up on getting this script to work on the custom ROM I'm running (Charity v11 - Froyo). It worked like a charm on the GB ROM I was running, but the many bugs that still show themselves in GB were too much to deal with on a daily basis, so I figured I could use this on the most reliable Froyo ROM for my D1..

    Not only does it not work, but it's showing some funky signs.. lists a crap load of "available" commands before even getting to the point of asking me to input my choice. Once I input it, it craps out with an "input error" and repeats the whole process again.
    So you know that the script works when you have it set up correctly. Though there was a couple of problems with a recent script manager version and busybox. The most recent SM should work with any busybox version though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf View Post
    OK, can't get the script to run properly. I'm on an OG Droid, running MetickOne's rooted stock 2.2.2 ROM with Chevy's 1.1 ulv kernel.

    I get results similar to the log on page 22 of this thread, with additional error messages stating that awk and pidof can't be found.
    Make sure you have the most recent Script Manager. If you are rooted and run the script as root and still have a problem, share the log (the feature gets enabled when the script is no longer running)
    Last edited by zeppelinrox; 06-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Blazing Fast Milestone Powered by my V6 SuperCharger Script

    If you're a SuperCharger too, consider clicking the button
Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Install and Memory usages of popular launchers
    By PulsonicVoid in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 06:19 PM
  2. How does the 50,75,100 MBs memory script work?
    By chris79 in forum UltimateDroid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
  3. Two Launchers (separately) different cache\memory?
    By zerosouls in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
  5. Can the memory script be disabled?
    By snrsuave in forum Bugless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 01:12 PM

Search tags for this page

99supercharger
,
99supercharger.sh
,
android v6 supercharger
,
supercharger android
,

v6 supercharger

,

v6 supercharger android

,
v6 supercharger droid
,
v6 supercharger droid x
,

v6 supercharger script

,
v8 supercharger script
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+