ok i did this:
from Sholes after installing their latest SP rec.img. and rom for 2.1 apps on 2.0.1
How to get WiFi Tethering working:
1. Open the Wireless Tethering app from the application list
2. Click Close or Donate, if you wish. It will then say ďBinaries and post-installation files installed!Ē
3. Close the app, it wonít work, so donít bother trying to enable it yet.
4. Download this tether file, save it to your desktop and rename it to just tether without the .txt part.
5. Rename the file on the phone in /data/data/android.tether/bin/ from tether to tether.orig
6. Push the new tether file you downloaded into /data/data/android.tether/bin/
7. Type the following command into a terminal or a command prompt.
adb shell chmod 700 /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether.orig
i did this on adb on my pc, it seemed to work , it didnt pop up a confermation or give me any txt in the shell window but also didnt give error just went to next command line.
when i turn it on and search for signal with pc i still can't find the "androidtether" signal on my pc
am i missing something?