DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM .tgz] 2.0.1 Sholes.info Edition 1.2 (UPDATED 01/25/10)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Got tether working

OK, so fiddling around I found that I could get the tether to give internet access only if I disabled Access Control. Before this rom, I was able to use the tether with it enabled. Not a big deal. Just figured I'd mention it for those who are having issues.

Also got setcpu installed...and well....im going to do some tests to see if going at 550 mhz creates noticeably less heat while tethering.

Thanks again for the great work!

(Oh...any chance...you could install a hack to take that damn shutter sound off the camera? =) )
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    What exactly does the Access Control option do?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

allows access duh =)

heh just playing,. It allows you to control who can use the tether and who cannot. When its enabled, it shows the mac address of whatever computer is trying to access the wireless connection on the phone. Then you either allow it or not. WIthout this enabled, any computer that connects has access right off the bat.

Like a little firewall
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by elgaucholoco View Post
    heh just playing,. It allows you to control who can use the tether and who cannot. When its enabled, it shows the mac address of whatever computer is trying to access the wireless connection on the phone. Then you either allow it or not. WIthout this enabled, any computer that connects has access right off the bat.

Like a little firewall
    Now that would make sense wouldn't it? So why won't tethering work with this option enabled? It took me about an hour and multiple wipes/reinstalls of this ROM before I realized that was what was keeping tethering from working.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elgaucholoco View Post
    OK, so fiddling around I found that I could get the tether to give internet access only if I disabled Access Control. Before this rom, I was able to use the tether with it enabled. Not a big deal. Just figured I'd mention it for those who are having issues.

Also got setcpu installed...and well....im going to do some tests to see if going at 550 mhz creates noticeably less heat while tethering.

Thanks again for the great work!

(Oh...any chance...you could install a hack to take that damn shutter sound off the camera? =) )
    This you would have to do after every reboot, or restart of the tether app ...

But turn off AC, let your client connect. Then turn on AC and check the box on that client. AC is now on, so nobody else can now connect without your knowing, but your connection still works.

Works for me anyway ...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Ok, so I dont have a laptop or another computer that can connect to wifi. The only thing I have, is my brothers Droid (Not mine. Theres 2). So I've followed everything, however I cannot seem to get his droid to recognize the wifi that mine is supposed to be giving off. Can another droid just not connect to this? Also, could it possibly be because I have a seidio case on? I don't think that could effect it but you never know Yes, access control is off.
    Last edited by alienware777; 01-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    Ok, so I dont have a laptop or another computer that can connect to wifi. The only thing I have, is my brothers Droid (Not mine. Theres 2). So I've followed everything, however I cannot seem to get his droid to recognize the wifi that mine is supposed to be giving off. Can another droid just not connect to this? Also, could it possibly be because I have a seidio case on? I don't think that could effect it but you never know Yes, access control is off.
    I am thinking the Droid does not see Ad-Hoc, which is what it throws off in wifi-tether. I even have a hotspot sniffer that doesn't pick up the signal, but when it's plugged into my laptop it does. Wife's laptop also sees the Droid. Her Droid Eris does not.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alienware777 View Post
    I am thinking the Droid does not see Ad-Hoc, which is what it throws off in wifi-tether. I even have a hotspot sniffer that doesn't pick up the signal, but when it's plugged into my laptop it does. Wife's laptop also sees the Droid. Her Droid Eris does not.
    Oh ok good. I was thinking I was just dumb and could not get it running. I guess I'll just have to wait until I am at someones house with a laptop. Thanks.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @berzerker7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Updated the ROM to version 1.1, see OP for changes.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Installing now to check it out.

So was compcache the source of the slowdowns? I really hope it's fixed -- was loving the speed.
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Links