DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Wireless Tether Patcher - One-Click Solution - 2.x

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    OK, I had to go to bed so I see quite a few questions here. I will attempt to clear a few things up.

1) This exe can be run from anywhere on your computer. It installs NOTHING on your PC, it only automates the installs on your phone. Once complete, you never have to run it again unless you clear your phone. Only run the exe again if you have restored your phone.

2) This was coded up on Win7 x32. The executable literally is just a packager; the rest is just shell scripts.

ok, I'll report it's not working for me I am rooted, have sirpsycho's recovery image, everything goes fine until when it says to try logging into tethering to start it it asks for permission, I select always, but it won't start tethering, it fails. I goto the next step and I get "failed on /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether.orig - Not a Directory Unable to chmod /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether: not a directory" Then tells me I'm ready for tether, but I'm obviously not. I will say I browsed to this location /data/data/android.tether/bin is a file, not a folder, thus there is no /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether.orig
    That is weird ... did you try it again? For this to happen, wifi either installed to somewhere else on your phone ( not likely ) or it failed during installation. I would try to uninstall wifi-tether again, then enter this command from a DOS prompt:

adb shell busybox rm -rf /data/data/android.tether

Then run the exe again and report back. My x64 box is down and out, so I can't test on that.
    I can confirm after I did this step and did the exe over again, it is now working flawlessly.

Connected my laptop and watched a youtube video with no issue.

Thanks a million, this made the installation a breeze
    Sweet, that was my goal, to make it extremely simple
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    thanks man for the .exe it worked great. works fine with my netbook running ubuntu 9.10. very easy to install. just make sure you are rooted, have USB debugging mode enabled, and you made a backup image. then plug in your droid and double click the .exe
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allfoshow View Post
    thanks man for the .exe it worked great. works fine with my netbook running ubuntu 9.10. very easy to install. just make sure you are rooted, have USB debugging mode enabled, and you made a backup image. then plug in your droid and double click the .exe
    You got it!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 Droid 2, Motorola XOOM
    when you double click the file where is it located? all this adb stuff is confusing to me but what you just said sounds easy
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    it is easy. you dont have to run any commands. Just do what i said in my last post, and download the .exe file from the OP. plug in phone>run the .exe
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I would love to get this working on 2.1 but whenever I run the .exe, it states that:

"adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I have adb installed and I use it all the time. Am I missing something?
    PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.
    Last edited by oldblue; 01-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 Droid 2, Motorola XOOM
    it is easy. you dont have to run any commands. Just do what i said in my last post, and download the .exe file from the OP. plug in phone>run the .exe
    so you have to run the .exe through adb right? or no?

i guess im just confused about where the .exe is supposed to be when i double click it, on my computer or on the sd card?

also i'll have to figure out how to make a backup img, im such a noob when it comes to this rooting stuff, i was so good at all the ipod touch stuff but i just cant mentally grasp all of this adb and rooting business
    Last edited by Newton122189; 01-08-2010 at 09:59 AM.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    No, the exe calls adb.exe itself

oldblue: open up a command prompt and execute 'adb' ... what do you get? I suspect adb is not in your PATH, and that when you do use it, you are in the tools directory which is why it works.

The patcher exe can be anywhere ... on your desktop, in your my docs folder, in your pictures folder if you wish. Doesn't matter. adb has to be available though
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

oldblue: open up a command prompt and execute 'adb' ... what do you get? I suspect adb is not in your PATH, and that when you do use it, you are in the tools directory which is why it works.

The patcher exe can be anywhere ... on your desktop, in your my docs folder, in your pictures folder if you wish. Doesn't matter. adb has to be available though
    How do I make it available? I am pretty new to this stuff.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post

How do I make it available? I am pretty new to this stuff.
    If you have the Windows key on your keyboard ... press that and the pause button (by scroll lock) at the same time. This will pull up System Properties. Click the advanced tab. Click 'Environment variables' button at the bottom. Go to the bottom list and double-click on Path, this lets you edit the variable. Go to the end of the value in 'Variable value'. Add this value to the end:

;C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\Android\android-sdk_r04-windows\tools

Assuming of course that's where adb.exe resides. You MIGHT have to reboot your PC to make this effective ... and of course 'username' is your username on your PC. You should be able to browse to this folder via Explorer.
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links