DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Tether Patcher - One-Click Solution - 2.x

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Do you know if you had upgraded to Locale 1.0 a week ago? I never saw this issue on Locale Beta, only 1.06.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I was actually running the Beta and getting the drop-outs also ...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    OP, you are the man! Wish I had seen this thread before the half dozen other tutorials I tried...this one is the easiest and works PERFECTLY
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    One question...I set it to overclock at 800mhz...if/when I want to undo that, how do I do it?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    bump...

Also I don't have SetCPU installed...am I still getting 800mhz or do I need to have SetCPU to utilize the higher clock speed? My phone seems faster to me but might be placebo effect lol
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    your phone is still running @550MHz. install setCPU and let it autodetect your phone. you can then adjust max/min clock speed.
    the problem with computers is that they do what you tell them to do and not what you want them to do.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

ota 2.1 rooted

i have the ota 2.1 rooted, works great. tried to install the wireless tethering and overclocking. everything goes just as planned until the final reboot. locks up. have the pull the battery and do backup recovery to get to boot. any fix for this to work on ota 2.1 rooted on droid?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcle View Post
    i have the ota 2.1 rooted, works great. tried to install the wireless tethering and overclocking. everything goes just as planned until the final reboot. locks up. have the pull the battery and do backup recovery to get to boot. any fix for this to work on ota 2.1 rooted on droid?
    If you have the OTA (over-the-air) 2.1, you're not rooted. Maybe you used to be rooted, but if you took the over the air update, you're not anymore.

Also, this thread was obsoleted a long time ago. All you need to get wireless tethering now is root and a new kernel. Look for another thread on the topic, or better yet, start a new thread under "hacking help".
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    thank you for your answer. i think you can root a ota 2.1. see link below. my phone had never been rooted, not roms, all stock. rooted it yesterday. in terminal i get the # with the su comand. installed busybox. the best i can tell it is rooted.

http://forum.droidmod.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c4963d00b4623d49e10c2af90c94e d8&/topic,1004.0.html
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcle View Post
    thank you for your answer. i think you can root a ota 2.1. see link below. my phone had never been rooted, not roms, all stock. rooted it yesterday. in terminal i get the # with the su comand. installed busybox. the best i can tell it is rooted.

http://forum.droidmod.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c4963d00b4623d49e10c2af90c94e d8&/topic,1004.0.html
    I'm about 99.9% sure that what those directions are actually having you do is flash the ENTIRE phone (and actually, there are much easier ways to do that). Did it reset all your settings and require you to re-install apps when you did that?

For future reference, what you have (I'm pretty sure) is not a rooted OTA 2.1, but just a regular rooted 2.1. It's the same version, and mostly the same, but you installed it with RSDLite, so it is no longer "over the air". Saying "OTA" when it's not is likely going to confuse people.

In any case, still don't follow the method in this thread - start a new thread in hacking help to figure out wifi and overclocking. Leave out the OTA part, or you'll get a lot more people telling you the same thing.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Links