DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wireless Tether Patcher - One-Click Solution - 2.x

1. AWB
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    To be able to make nandroid backups (and install alternate ROMs) follow the steps in this guide. Installation | Sholes

And this download just automates all the command prompt syntax you would have to enter manually. To use it just have your phone connected to your computer and make sure that you have USB debugging and Stay Awke selected in Home Settings>Applications>Development. That should it.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    OK so do I need to have the .exe file installed in every computer I want to use with the droid? AND will opening the .exe from wherever it downloaded to due the trick?

Also I can use it as a mobile modem with any computer?
  3. AWB
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No you just need it on the computer that is going to install the wifi tether driver, app, etc. Once it runs you should be good to go. Next opening straight from the source of the .exe should be fine. and finally it wouldnt be a modem as much as it would a router but even that is kind of a lofty way to describe tethering.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    After the first reboot, I get the /!\ screen, not the actual recovery screen, then if I press a key, I get a "device not found" error. I tried pressing the volume up and camera key and proceeding from the recovery screen with the same result. I am running 2.0.1 on a rooted phone. Any ideas?
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla969 View Post
    After the first reboot, I get the /!\ screen, not the actual recovery screen, then if I press a key, I get a "device not found" error. I tried pressing the volume up and camera key and proceeding from the recovery screen with the same result. I am running 2.0.1 on a rooted phone. Any ideas?
    you had SirPsychoS' recovery image installed ??
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I previously had a 2.1 ROM installed, but now I am running my backup from before that update. I did update manually to 2.0.1, but don't remember which one I used.
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    ok, I'll report it's not working for me I am rooted, have sirpsycho's recovery image, everything goes fine until when it says to try logging into tethering to start it it asks for permission, I select always, but it won't start tethering, it fails. I goto the next step and I get "failed on /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether.orig - Not a Directory Unable to chmod /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether: not a directory" Then tells me I'm ready for tether, but I'm obviously not. I will say I browsed to this location /data/data/android.tether/bin is a file, not a folder, thus there is no /data/data/android.tether/bin/tether.orig
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Since this can be applied to stock 2.0.1 (rooted), does this fix the brightness problem?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    R2D2 Droid 2, Motorola XOOM
    so i have been sort of ignoring this whole rooting thing because I...

A) Dont want to ruin my $$$ phone that i cannot afford to replace
    B) I havent seen anything to draw me into rooting it (i can wait for 2.1)

but.... i definitely have a need for this, i absolutely would kill to be able to get this up and running on my phone but i have a couple of questions

1) Will rooting my phone and installing this be easy to reverse when official 2.1 is available to the Droid?
    2) After the 2.1 update will you be able to root and do this process again seeing as the N1 has already been rooted and this works on 2.1 ROMs?
    3) If an updated version of this comes out will it be easy to upgrade?
    4) Im new to this adb stuff and I havent messed around with it or rooting at all but I do have a basic understanding of linux commands and I have jailbroken my ipod touch in cmd prompt before as well as ssh'ed extensively onto my ipod, will that help me at all when it comes to this adb stuff?

basically I would love to do this but I'm not particularly familiarized with all of this rooting stuff since I have had no need for it until now

are there any threads or tutorials i should look at for adb, i feel like im pretty tech savvy but im just a little hesitant to mess around with my phone since its way more important to me than an ipod touch

any advice, directions, or simply pointing me towards some good threads would be greatly appreciated
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    This is good news and good work however I would caution less experienced users to wait until this is fully tested and bugs worked out

Newton: all of these concerns have already been addressed on this forum...
    Before you start Modding anything do your research and make sure you know how to reverse changes when things don't go as planned.
    Last edited by cystic; 01-08-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links