Can find droid wifi tether, but cannot connect
Our IT professional modified my droid this afternoon in accordance with the instructions on this site. In reviewing the log, it appeared to him that all the files were placed and installed as recommended and everything had executed the way he thought it should. However, he was unable to find the droid wifi tether signal using several pda's.
I tried to find it with my laptop (windows 7), and could find it but the laptop was unable to determine the SSID and was unable to connect. The SSID is Android and the laptop called it Other Network. Even when I entered the correct SSID and the passphrase, it was unable to connect.
I don't know where to go from here.
1. Are there some recommended initial settings to make the connection easier? (I'm not concerned about security where I will be using the droid.)
2. Should the regular wifi be turned on? I know that sounds stupid, but my thought was that maybe the tether program turned it on for its own purposes.
3. Should the "don't disable wifi" be checked?
4. 'Use bluetooth" is not checked.
5. I have checked "Enable wifi encryption".
6. I have not checked "enable access control".
7. I have "all clients" for "client notification mode".
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll be leaving the office for 5 weeks and I would like to have it working by tomorrow noon. - Not much lead time.
Thanks for your consideration