DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: java requirement on aosp

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

java requirement on aosp

While building the aosp rom the first time, java 1.5 is required. However, I observed that subsequent build can use java 1.6 after make clean. Why did this happen? Can someone solve this puzzle?

Thanks.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

not sure what our saying here

Quote Originally Posted by thinkmega View Post
    While building the aosp rom the first time, java 1.5 is required. However, I observed that subsequent build can use java 1.6 after make clean. Why did this happen? Can someone solve this puzzle?

Thanks.
    froyo was suppose to build with java 1.5 it was hacked so we could build with 1.6 in the file(sorry not on ubuntu and forget name been a while since i have built)

same as with gingerbread it requires java 1.6 and 64 bit os but the file wqas modified so you could build in a 32 bit envirnment.

If your saing you built with 1.5 than all of sudden it used 1.6 the only way this seems possible to me is you are not using google source but cm or someones source where they had changed that file configuration.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post

Thanks.
    froyo was suppose to build with java 1.5 it was hacked so we could build with 1.6 in the file(sorry not on ubuntu and forget name been a while since i have built)

same as with gingerbread it requires java 1.6 and 64 bit os but the file wqas modified so you could build in a 32 bit envirnment.

If your saing you built with 1.5 than all of sudden it used 1.6 the only way this seems possible to me is you are not using google source but cm or someones source where they had changed that file configuration.
    I check out the source code as per the sticky. It is from google for sure. And I was again able to rebuild the entirety yesterday using 1.6. Maybe ... I should delete *.class in addition to make clean. By the way, I was using ubuntu 10.10/64 and have both 1.5.19 and 1.6.22 installed.

Any other reason why it works with 1.6 on subsequent build?
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

gingerbread?

Thanks.

I check out the source code as per the sticky. It is from google for sure. And I was again able to rebuild the entirety yesterday using 1.6. Maybe ... I should delete *.class in addition to make clean. By the way, I was using ubuntu 10.10/64 and have both 1.5.19 and 1.6.22 installed.

Any other reason why it works with 1.6 on subsequent build?
    if you are building gignerbred that it should build with 1.6
    not sure what would of changed .
    there is a command to change the default java.
    how to build a rom V2.1

maybe you did that? other than taht i dont know. if your building gingerbread i hadnt heard of it being built on java 1.5 so not sure how it would of.
    if your doing froyo maybe the source was changed to build with 1.6 by default by now.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

if you are building gignerbred that it should build with 1.6
    not sure what would of changed .
    there is a command to change the default java.
    how to build a rom V2.1

maybe you did that? other than taht i dont know. if your building gingerbread i hadnt heard of it being built on java 1.5 so not sure how it would of.
    if your doing froyo maybe the source was changed to build with 1.6 by default by now.
    I am working on froyo. I can replicate this easily. When building on the source code the first time, 1.5 is required. To that end, it is consistent with what we are told .... Just feel puzzle why subsequent build can use 1.6 .....

Links