DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Newb Rooting DROID2 HELP!

  1. Junior Droid
    silvass08's Avatar
    Member #
    183514
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hilo Hawaii
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid 2 White
    #1

    Exclamation Newb Rooting DROID2 HELP!

    I'm a newbie to the whole rooting thing, I bought a DROID 2 about 3 months ago, and last week i rooted and hacked it, everything was going fine until i tried to do a batter icon mod, i installed and rebooted and bricked my phone, i didn't have a recovery file on my sd card. I did a factory date reset and wipe and a cache wipe and that didn't help. Verizon is sending me a new one tomorrow, and after having a rooted phone once i can't imagine not having one. Remember i am new to this and have 0 expierence. I wanted advice so that i wouldn't brick my phone again....recovery programs....best root app....really any advice you can give me would be great.... Thank you. I also don't know what ROM is or what you guys mean when you say you flashed something so yeah...ha
  2. Junior Droid
    silvass08's Avatar
    Member #
    183514
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hilo Hawaii
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid 2 White
    #2
    oh and also i used Z4root when i rooted.
  3. Droid Newbie
    GreenLanternDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    183905
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    i am in need of the same answers
  4. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Let me know when you have your replacement and I'll gladly help you out
    You've already learned rule#1...ALWAYS make a backup.

    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  5. Master Droid
    dbst's Avatar
    Member #
    83839
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    453
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #5
    If you brick your phone again you can sbf it via RSDlite to unbrick it, no need to send it back
    HTC Eris - Droid - Droid 2 - Droid X - iPhone 4 - Thunderbolt - Galaxy Nexus - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - iPhone 5S - Galaxy S4
  6. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #6
    Well for future reference you could have probably recovered the phone with an sbf. About the only time that It's truly bricked is if it won't turn on.

    Edit : dbst beat me

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    adsfa34's Avatar
    Member #
    102412
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    418
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Let me know when you have your replacement and I'll gladly help you out
    You've already learned rule#1...ALWAYS make a backup.

    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    +1 ---> I'll do Droid_DOES two better.... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make a backup. Without a backup, you might be toast. Still, there were things you COULD have done if you would have done some more research before sending your phone back to Verizon. You likely could've SBF-ed back to stock and re-rooted and been fine. Too late now anyway.

    So, here are some links to get you started with the android terminology and a little bit of info about rooting in general:

    A Dummies Guide To Android Terminoligy & Lingo

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...op-asking.html

    What you need to know about rooting:

    Read these pages THOROUGHLY. The saying goes: "With great power comes great responsibility."

    Good luck.
  8. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #8
    Thanks for the links vuarnet, I rooted my TB last night so I'm trying to get them all back

    Quote Originally Posted by vuarnet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Let me know when you have your replacement and I'll gladly help you out
    You've already learned rule#1...ALWAYS make a backup.

    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    +1 ---> I'll do Droid_DOES two better.... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make a backup. Without a backup, you might be toast. Still, there were things you COULD have done if you would have done some more research before sending your phone back to Verizon. You likely could've SBF-ed back to stock and re-rooted and been fine. Too late now anyway.

    So, here are some links to get you started with the android terminology and a little bit of info about rooting in general:

    A Dummies Guide To Android Terminoligy & Lingo

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...op-asking.html

    What you need to know about rooting:

    Read these pages THOROUGHLY. The saying goes: "With great power comes great responsibility."

    Good luck.


    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  9. Master Droid
    adsfa34's Avatar
    Member #
    102412
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    418
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Thanks for the links vuarnet, I rooted my TB last night so I'm trying to get them all back

    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    no prob! that's what i'm here for congrats on rooting the TB btw... i'm still stuck on the D1...soooo jealous! not too much longer for me tho and i'll be back on the cutting edge again! lol
  10. Junior Droid
    silvass08's Avatar
    Member #
    183514
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hilo Hawaii
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid 2 White
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Let me know when you have your replacement and I'll gladly help you out
    You've already learned rule#1...ALWAYS make a backup.

    Thread has been Thunder struck!!
    Okay, well it'll be in tomorrow morning, so anything you can tell me would help, best rooting device....i wanna learn to how to do this right
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. help rooting droid2
    By christianek145 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
  2. Few Newb Rooting questions
    By STEVESKI in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 05:49 PM
  3. Rooting Newb
    By SupaDave in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 06:27 PM
  4. Droid2 Rooting Question
    By Dustin. in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 06:33 PM
  5. Completely newb proof Rooting + Custom sprecovery image guide
    By Berzerker in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 help
,
droid 2 help rooting
,
droid 2 root brick
,
droid2 rooting
,
newbie driod 2 root
,

rooting droid 2

,
rooting droid 2 help
,
rooting droid 2 noobie
,

rooting droid2

,
rooting droisd 2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+