DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Just learned to flash a rom, please help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Just learned to flash a rom, please help

- I installed Pete's GPA13 Gingerbread Stock Rom and I've been having all sorts of issues. I also flashed the 1.1 GhZ kernel and it shows up in the "About Phone" section but I cant use the overclock widget to control it, it only shows a max of 600. I reflashed and I'm assuming Im just on 1.1ghz at all times and I just cant control it.

- I installed golauncher and a couple of other things and then I rebooted the phone and suddenly my home button just didnt work, it wouldnt do anything. I again wiped and reinstalled the rom and my button was working again.

- Then my battery got low and I got a phonecall and It wouldnt let me answer it, I would hear the ring, see the call but when I would answer, nothing came up. It would not let me make calls, the 3g symbol would disappear as soon as I hit "Call". The 3G symbol and the bars are turning from green to white and random and the 3g symbol comes and goes. I have his stock rom and I dont have anything that turns it on and off, I got rid of juicedefender and rebooted and I can make calls now but the symbol just keeps going off and on.

- Each time something goes wrong I need to wipe and reflash I have to then reinstall all my apps and settings again, I used titanium backup but even then its a bit of a process and I dont even know if I'm using it right

Please, I really dont know whats going on and I'm having such a horrible time trying to do this to my phone, I just want it to be running a ROM properly without having all this trouble, I just want it to work right, what can I do?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855 DROID
    CPU Tuner should fix your clocking problem. Force all the profiles to keep mobile data and 2G/3G on. 3G turns off when the phone radio's in use. If it doesn't come back on, toggle airplane mode. If you can't hear anything on the phone, battery-pull once and reboot. All these work/worked for me.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixyrsion View Post
    CPU Tuner should fix your clocking problem. Force all the profiles to keep mobile data and 2G/3G on. 3G turns off when the phone radio's in use. If it doesn't come back on, toggle airplane mode. If you can't hear anything on the phone, battery-pull once and reboot. All these work/worked for me.
    I'm sorry I don't know how to work the tuner. What settings should I input to conserve battery while the screen is off or things like that?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855 DROID
    Create a Profile you will dedicate for screen off.
    Set the min to 450MHz and the max to about 600. (I use Alfonso's 1GHz low voltage kernel.)
    For each Trigger, apply that profile to the Screen Locked drop-down.
    This should keep your processor from running on all cylinders when the screen is off.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Most of your problems are being experienced by others who have switched to a GingerBread ROM. Go back and flash a Froyo ROM and see if your problems persist.

Links