DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need Help Running Custom Boot animation plz!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

Need Help Running Custom Boot animation plz!

Alright im new to this forum, and i specifically joined because i need help with this particular problem. Im trying to download and run a custom boot animation that i found on youtube. It is called Red Rage v0.3. I have a Droid 2 and it is rooted.

Here is a link to the video i found:

It was more of a vid to show off the animation rather than a tutorial on how to get it. So i tried to figure out how to do it myself through some research. I am currently trying to accomplish this by means of these methods:

Download: Droid Life Custom Boot Animation - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

None of these methods have worked and ill list why, so that maybe you can help me fix the problem.
    NOTE: I noticed i dont have a data/local folder.

1. (using root explorer) first of all, i couldnt find the free version if there is one on the market. so i tried using astro, and i could have accomplished the task, if i had a data/local folder.

2. I have terminal emulator and typed in the listed commands, but when i get to the "cp sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local" it says "no such file directory". AGAIN, the problem could be that i dont have that data/local

3.Lastly I downloaded all the SDK files and placed all zips in correct spots and opened my command prompt. but when i issue a certain command, again "no such file directory". So if the problem is no data/local, how do i solve that, and if not, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    problem solved everyone! figured out the problem. the problem was that i am just full retard. i labeled the file bootanimation.zip. so on my sdcard it was labeled bootanimation.zip.zip which i found out with terminal emulator, by means of :
    cd /sdcard

ls -l

thanks anyways!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjutant View Post
    Alright im new to this forum, and i specifically joined because i need help with this particular problem. Im trying to download and run a custom boot animation that i found on youtube. It is called Red Rage v0.3. I have a Droid 2 and it is rooted.

Here is a link to the video i found:
    YouTube - Red Rage Droid Boot Animation v0.3

It was more of a vid to show off the animation rather than a tutorial on how to get it. So i tried to figure out how to do it myself through some research.
    I'm slightly confused. There is a download link to the Red Rage boot animation in the video's description. By figuring out how to get/do the animation, do you mean solely how to install it?
    I am currently trying to accomplish this by means of these methods:

Download: Droid Life Custom Boot Animation - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

None of these methods have worked and ill list why, so that maybe you can help me fix the problem.
    NOTE: I noticed i dont have a data/local folder.

1. (using root explorer) first of all, i couldnt find the free version if there is one on the market. so i tried using astro, and i could have accomplished the task, if i had a data/local folder.
    You won't see this directory with Astro since it doesn't have root access or su permissions.

2. I have terminal emulator and typed in the listed commands, but when i get to the "cp sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local" it says "no such file directory". AGAIN, the problem could be that i dont have that data/local
    Verify your bootanimation.zip is named exactly that and in the root of your sdcard. If you have froyo, try the 2nd line as (you should have # prompt after 'su'):
    cp /mnt/sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/

3.Lastly I downloaded all the SDK files and placed all zips in correct spots and opened my command prompt. but when i issue a certain command, again "no such file directory". So if the problem is no data/local, how do i solve that, and if not, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    As far as the SDK part, I'd have to know where you were at there... I know it's a bit more complex without Root Explorer. You get spoiled to not having to use CLI anymore.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjutant View Post
    problem solved everyone! figured out the problem. the problem was that i am just full retard. i labeled the file bootanimation.zip. so on my sdcard it was labeled bootanimation.zip.zip which i found out with terminal emulator, by means of :
    cd /sdcard

ls -l

thanks anyways!
    lol, wow I didn't realize it took me so long to make this post... was watching the Sampras/Agassi exhibition match on ESPN2. I knew I should've refreshed to check for answers!

Glad you got it

Links